Can I Do Fillers After Fat Injection Under Eye and Lips?

had full face fat injection about 2 weeks ago but am noticing that areas uder the eyes and lips still dont have enouth volume can i do fillers after fat transfer, is it safe ? is there any particular time frame that i should wait before i do the fillers?

Not enough volume after fat injections

+1

Only your surgeon can tell you the best at this time, whether you should have more or not.  He or she knows best how much volume of fat they placed exactly in which areas and at which planes.  If your injector did not want to inject much fat in the lower eyelids and lips for fear of not providing you with an aesthetic outcome, they might suggest a hyaluronica acid filler, such as Juvederm or Restylane, and they could tell you how much volume you would need and how long to wait.  If those places you metioned didn't have much or any fat injected, then you could have  the Restylane or Juvederm injected soon.

Fillers after fat injection

+1

evergreen2011,

You are way too soon to do anything more, of any kind. Wait 6-12 months, then review your results with a board certified plastic surgeon. You can do fillers; fat, hyluronic acid, etc. at that time. Enjoy. Jon Sattler,
D Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Glendora, Ca.

Jon Sattler, MD
Glendora Plastic Surgeon

Fillers after Fat Injections

+1

Fillers can be done after fat augmentation, but I suggest waiting longer than 2 weeks. I would wait about 6 months. If you're not saisfied at that time, temporary fillers can be used until you see the final results of the fat injections. When those fillers have dissolved,  more fat can be placed if necessary. 

Repeat filler treatment after fat grafting

+1

I would wait at least a year before entertaining the idea of placing more filler in the area you're concerned about.

I find that facial fat grafting take up to 18-24 months to fully blossom. If you retreat too soon you may end up overfilling an area.

It is a bit unusual that you seem undertreated only 2 weeks after your initial fat transfer procedure, however. Patients usually have quite a bit of swelling at this stage which would impart a fair amount of temporary volume enhancement.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

I disagree and would wait a year before putting fillers after fat.

+1

I personally believe if fat is done by an experienced individual that it takes about 1 to 2 years for full maturity of the result, as blood supply enters the fat graft (see the video).  However if you are dissatisfied at 2 weeks that is truly unusual at least with my patients.  That sounds as if it might have been underfilled.   In any case, I always advise my patients don't do anything including fillers for a year if possible, but you should ask your surgeon.  Unfortunately, I am a voice in the wilderness on this one, but I think I have more experience on fat grafting than most of my colleagues, as I have literally written the book on the subject, Complementary Fat Grafting, and have studies my results with great care over many years.

Dr. Sam Lam
Dallas, Texas

Samuel Lam, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers after a fat transfer is safe

+1

Sure, you can have fillers placed following a fat transfer, however, you need to wait longer than 2 weeks--probably more like 3-4 months at least.  Also, you may just want to have more fat transferred to the areas of concern.  Fat is a great filler, it's just not as predictable as fillers off the shelf.  But once you get the the look you want, the fat will last much longer than fillers.  Good luck!

Elan B. Singer, MD

Fillers after Fat Injecitons

+1

If you are only 2 weeks post op, then I would suggest waiting at least 3 to six months before considering more procedures.  With fat grafting, you will need to wait for the swelling to resolve, the tissues to settle and to determine the amount of "take" of the fat.  If you start having filler injections already, then you may be sorry as the swelling goes away from your original procedure.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Give it more time

+1

2 weeks is not enough to appreciate the final result from your fat grafting.  You are probably still swollen and the fat may not have completely taken yet. I would suggest waiting a full 2-3 months and then if you feel you need more volume then either a second fat transfer or some other fillers would be safe.

Edgar Franklin Fincher, MD, PhD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers

+1

Wait 3 month till all healing have occured then reevaluate. There will be many options you can discuss with your plastic surgeon