Pepperspots on Chin and Cheek After Laser Hair Removal?

I recently got a laser hair removal done on my face and a couple of days after getting it done I realize that I have theses black dots aka pepperspots on my chin area and cheek. I was told that these black dots will just fall out bc they are burnt hairs and then I should just exfoliate. Should I be concerned?

Spots Post Laser Hair Removal

+1

Thank you for your question. Typically, the black dots are just caramelized hair follicles and should fall out in 7-10 days.   See a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for a skin assessment if the hair fallout seems to not be normal. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Black dots on chin after laser hair removal

+1

Do NOT be concerned.  This can be a normal occurence after a laser hair removal treatment.  It is most likely burnt hairs that have not fallen out yet.  Lasers damage the hair follicle and swelling can often occur around this follicle and it keeps the damaged hair from falling out.  They will comel out on their own.  If they persist, please return your provider so they can look at areas.  I would discourage aggressive exfoliation, but sometimes simply using a washcloth to area, assists the burnt hair to lift out.  Hope this helps and reassures you.

Rogers Dermatologist

Black dots after laser hair sounds like the hair that has been treated

+1

I would not be concerned since it sounds like these black dots are the tiny hairs that were treated withthe laser hair removal.  There is no reason to exfoliate.  They should come out on their own.  If these black dots persist, then I would recommend you returning to the doctor and show them the areas.  Please let me know what happens.