Hair Growing Back After Five Laser Hair Removal Treatments.

I had about 12 sessions of laser hair removal treatments eight years ago and after several years the hair started to grow back. I got five treatments this year with excellent results with the Soprano laser and now all my hair is starting to grow back. I don't understand why this is happening? Should I keep doing more treatments? I was told I was the perfect candidate since I'm extremely pale with black hair. Thank you.

Regrowth of Hair after Laser Hair Removal

+1

Thank you for your question. Many reasons can be an issue for regrowth including age, genetics, ethnicity, hormonal imbalances, and the type of laser used and settings. A 1064 or 755nm laser are the best options.  They are very consistent, and remove hair  with reliable results. Make certain you are being supervised by a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon during your series for best results and safe treatments. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Laser Hair Removal and Re-growth of hair

+1

If you are having 12 sessions of laser hair removal and your hair is growing back then there may be some underlying hormonal problem.  Alternatively, settings which are too low may have been used which gave you temporary but not permanent hair removal.  I suggest you seek another consultation by a board certified dermatologist with experience is laser hair removal.

Hair Growth after Laser

+1

Hopefully you are being treated at a physician supervised clinic. I advise having a hormonal panel drawn to see if your androgen level is high. You may need a more aggressive setting on the laser. Lastly, for reasons that we do not understand, hair removal lasers can sometimes cause paradoxical hair growth.

Austin Dermatologic Surgeon