Is the Palomar Lux 1540 an Effective Treatment for Stretch Marks?

The Lux1540 recently received FDA approval for the treatment of stretch marks. How effective is it and how does it compare to other available stretch mark treatments?

"Erasing Stretch Marks" - consider me a Skeptic

+1
I would love few things more than being given the ability to truly erase stretch marks and scars from my patients and immediate family. BUT - Stretch marks are deep / full thickness cracks in the skin that fill with scar tissue. Unlike their misleading name, they are NOT superficial "marks" which can be simply wiped off. Therefore, they would more correctly be termed Skin Cracks. As skin stretch "marks" mature, they gradually lose their red/purplish hue caused by the presence of blood vessels as these vessels close up and the "marks" become silvery white - the color of a mature scar. Until now, vascular lasers could obliterate vessels in stretch marks thereby hastening their mature appearance but could do nothing to the scar tissue in the crack (IE stretch mark). BUT - HOW can a laser literally take a scar and erase it? The claims are bold and I am extremely skeptical of these claims.