Lux 1540 FDA Approved for Stretch Marks?

I recently read a news article titled "A promising new treatment for stretch marks," featuring the Starlux device. I know they can never be completely removed without surgery but, I'm wondering if this is just another treatment that sn't really effective in reducing them, or could it be a step in the right direction? Thanks

Palomar Lux1540 for Stretch Marks

+1
I really like this treatment modality for the treatment of stretch marks. I have seen good results in both men and women, even for stretch marks which have been present for decades and do not exhibit a pink or red coloration. 

I will say that this laser blends the stretch marks in with surrounding skin, but does not completely erase them. 

I would recommend 4-6 treatments for optimal results.
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Lux 1540 FDA Approved for Stretch Marks

+1

The Palomar Lux 1540 is FDA appoved for the treatment of stretch marks. This is a very popular treatment, because prior to the Lux 1540, there was no safe or effective treatment for stretch marks. Just like treating cellulite, myriad creams were marketed which did no good. Lasers actually treat the structure of the skin, making improvements in visual appearance that correlate well with tissue biopsy examinaations that show a tremendouds rearrangement and increase in collagen and increase in elastic fibers.

The appearance of stretch marks definitely improves, but stretch marks are still visible. The contrast between the stretch mark and the surrounding skin is blended and the appearance softens.  Red stretch marks fade out in most cases.  Very bad stretch marks, for example, on the abdomen where the skin is very stretched out from having children, may not be worth treating and we often see women coming for stretch mark evaluation who decide to have a tummy tuck instead. That gets rid of all the damaged skin and stretch marks at the same time.  Once the tummy tuck is done, the residual stretch marks that were a little too high on the abdomen to remove are more easily treated with the Lux  1540.

Some males get stretch marks of their anterior shoulders and axillae.  These can be very deep and take more treatments to improve.

Web reference: http://www.enhanced-you.com/skin-laser/stretch-mark-treatment/

Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Disappearing Stretchmarks!

+1

The Lux1540 laser is indeed FDA approved for the treatment of stretchmarks.  This is fantastic news since stretchmarks have been notoriously difficult to treat.  The appropriate way to treat them with the Lux1540 is with several treatments (4-5) spaced apart by 1 month.  There is very little downtime and many patients have had dramatic results!

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lux1540 for Stretch Marks

+1

Lux1540 non-ablative fractional skin resurfacing is an excellent option for stretch marks, surgical scars, and acne scars.  We have had tremendous results for each of these indications.  Keep in mind that it takes 4-5 sessions on average to achieve the desired outcome.