How Painful Is It to Have a Brazilian Butt Lift?

how painfull it is to have a brazilian butt lift

Brazilian Butt Lift Recovery

+1
This is a very common question, as I believe that the post-operative care is a very important part of achieving your final results.

The fat transfer, often called Brazilian butt lift has become extremely popular because it allows your plastic surgeon to transform your entire shape. You improve your waist, hips and of course your buttock.

The area where the fat is harvested (liposuction) is sore but typically patients don’t have a lot of pain. Patients also typically do not have a lot of pain in the buttock where the fat is placed. It is difficult for patients to get comfortable the first few days after the surgery, as they are sore in multiple places.

The difficult part of the recovery is that I do not allow patients to sit for the first two weeks after the surgery. The fat needs time to heal and become part of your buttock. During this time patients may lie on their stomach, stand and walk, but they need to avoid sitting as much as possible. The majority of patients are back at work after a week of recovery.

For six weeks I have patients is a special compression garment that helps shape the buttock and compress the areas that have been liposuctioned.

Pain after Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Brazilian butt lift is the combination of liposuction and fat injection. An additional benefit of the Brazilian butt lift is that you not only get a shapelier buttock, but the area to liposuction is now much leaner, giving your profile a more sensuous look.

Patients may experience some pain or discomfort, bruising and swelling after the procedure. Most patients return to work two weeks after their buttock augmentation and are able to resume all normal activities within four weeks. Swelling typically dissipates by the sixth week.

When performed by an experienced surgeon using the proper techniques, buttock augmentation is a highly satisfying and permanent procedure that enhances the profile of the buttocks and surrounding areas for a younger, firmer, and curvier look.

Gregory A. Wiener, MD, FACS

Pain of Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

I just finished talking to a pateint with a BBL yesterday, who reported that they were "sore" but walking around. They had taken 4 doses of pain pills. They stated that the buttock was the most painful area. The abdomen, hips, outer thighs and arms were the donor sites. 550 cc were injected into each buttock. The patient called, not for complaints of pain, but to know if she could shower. The soreness typically lasts for 3 months but does not prevent most individuals from returning to their jobs within 7-10 days.

Pain after Brazilian Buttlift

+1

In general, after performing hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts, the average pain or discomfort period lasts from about 3 to 7 days.  This largely depends upon the amount of fat injected into each buttock.  In most patients, I liposuction the abdomen, flanks, and back for 5 liters and inject 1200 cc to 1500 cc per buttock.  The few days of discomfort are worth it according to the patients.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Brazilian buttlift Los Angeles, CA

Los Angeles Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Excellent question. Most of our Brazilian Butt Lift patients tend to be "sore" for a few days, but are comfortable overall with oral pain control. The procedure "pain level" is akin to that of liposuction. Of course, pain is a subjective phenomena, so it will largely depend on your personal pain thresholds.

Best of Luck,

Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS

Glenn Vallecillos, MD