Can I Get a Brazilian Butt Lift After 3 Months off Accutane?

I only took 10 mg daily

Brazilian Butt lift, liposuction and Accutane therapy

+1

Most dermatologists recommend waiting 6 months after cessation of Accutane to have surgery. This is particulary true of resurfacing procedures where epidermal healing may be impaired prior to 6 months with a higher incidence of hypertrophic scarring. While this is not the case in BBL surgery, the restriction can be questioned but may involve some risk taking on your part.

Brazilian Butt Lift and Accutane

+1

Hi there-

Some surgeons believe that Accutane will adversely affect the body's ability to heal after surgery for up to 6 months, and I would agree that for procedures involving significant skin incisions, this would probably eb a more appropriate time to wait after stopping the drug.

On the other hand, Brazilian Butt Lift surgery involves only very small incisions, and therefore the risk of a healing problem is minimal.

I think the more important variable in your eventual safety and happiness is going to be who you choose to do this for you. Be sure to prioritize your safety and happiness above costs and convenience- choose only a surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery who has a lot of experience doing these procedures.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS