Orthodontist Didn't Put my Bracket Back On?

About a week ago, the bracket on my molar broke off. I went to the orthodontists on Tuesday. I told the assistant that it had broken off, but when my ortho came and looked at my teeth, he told the assistant what to do. The terms they use are foreign to me, so I don't really know what exactly was said. He said something about 'just snip the wire', which I'm assuming meant.. 'don't glue the bracket back on.' My question is, is this normal? I've had braces for about 9 months.

Failure to remove a missing bracket

+1

Dr. Waxler's answer is correct; however, the most important message is clear communication.  You need to insure that you get your questions answered at your appointment.  If you are confused, then get clarification from an orthodontic assistant or even the receptionist.  If they don't have the answers, they will get them from the orthodontist.  Don't leave without your question answered.  

Portage Orthodontist

Not replace missing bracket

+1

Sometimes it is not necessary to immediately replace a missing bracket and the doctor may wait and replace it at a future appointment when he/she has more time or other teeth need to be bonded at the same time. 

Saint Louis Orthodontist