Do I Order my Usual Size for Compression Garment for TT?

I need to pre order my compression garment myself. I usual wear a UK 12, Should I order a size that fits me now or bigger or smaller please?

Binder post TT

+4

I would get one that may be one size smaller.If it is too loose then you can place a folded dry towel over your abdomen to make it tight. 

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Garments after tummy tuck should fit snugly

+4

We provide a garment to our tummy tuck patients. It seems odd you should have to fend for yourself. As a surgeon, I would want to be sure that at the time of surgery I would have what I need. The garment you purchase should fit very snugly and I would suggest you go one size down. You may want to look into a Spanx, one called the 'Higher Power' which will provide support and comfort, available at the major department stores and on-line.

peterejohnsonmd

Tummy tuck garment

+3

Surgeons have different criteria for compression garments after a tummy tuck. Some don't even use them, but I would discuss the choice with your surgeon.

Measurements for an tummy tuck compression garment

+2

Some of the most critical measurements are the circumferential waist around your hip bones. This is not likely to change. However, patients undergo a variety of abdominoplasty type procedures and the size of the garment will depend on the extent of the abdominoplasty and tissues removed.

WHO Should order a surgical compresion garment - patient or surgeon?

+2

Regarding: "Do I Order my Usual Size for Compression Garment for TT?
I need to pre order my compression garment myself. I usual wear a UK 12, Should I order a size that fits me now or bigger or smaller please
?"

Personally, I have stopped using compression garments for my Tummy Tuck patients years ago. Compression garments may be associated with a higher incidence of respiratory infections (pneumonia) and fever, a higher likelihood of blood clots (VTE, PE) and a higher possibility of compromised blood flow in the tummy skin. All of this WITHOUT a measurable benefit - either in healing or in increased comfort.

That being said, I REALLY think your surgeon or his staff should measure you for the compression garment they want you to have rather than risk your getting one that does not fit or worse, fits poorly. You should have a discussion with your surgeon and ask him to be more proactive in this respect. If it is important to him, logic would dictate he would want it done according to his standards.

Good Luck with your operation.

Dr. Peter Aldea