How Long Before Surgery Are You to Abstain from Taking Pain Medication Such As Percoset? Is It 1 Week or 2 Weeks Before?

I am having my BA in 11 days and I just injured my eye!!! I have a corneal abrasion and was prescribed Percoset for the pain as no over the counter medication at this point works to manage this very bad pain. My question is, how long before undergoing a BA are you to abstain from these types of medication? Is it a week or 2 weeks before? I'm very concerned :/ Also would it be okay if I stopped the pain medication 1 week before, or should I stop taking it right away as my surgery is just 11 days away?!

Pain medication before augment

+2
I am sorry to hear about your corneal abrasion. You need to take care of your opthalmologic problems. If the pain is so severe that you need Percocet, then contact your plastic surgeon to discuss postponing the surgery.

Percocet is OK Before Surgery

+2

Taking Percocet up to the day of surgery is fine. Just be certain to tell the anesthesiologist you have been taking them.

Pain medications to avoid for at least one week before surgery include Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Naproxen or any NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug). Acetaminophen is ok to take.

Bethesda Plastic Surgeon