Is it ok to go without a bra 3 weeks post BA?

Support Recommended

+2

Sports bras and support should be worn for minimally 4 weeks post breast augmentation surgery

Bra after breast augmentation

+1
I feel wearing a support bra is important after breast augmentation for the first 8 weeks. But you should ask your surgeon for their advice since it may be different.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Bra or no bra after breast augmentation...

+1

This questions is really answered best by your own plastic surgeon. Some prefer bras for a few months, others do not feel it matters at all. For your specific case, simply give a call to the surgeons office. I prefer to keep my patients in a bra for the first 6 weeks after breast augmentation.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

3 weeks post aug

+1

I see no reason why you can't go without a bra.I would not do it 24/7.this will only cause your breatss to sag more so support is important.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

It depends on what your body needs

+1
Hello, Thank you for the question. Wearing a bra depends on how you are healing after your breast augmentation. If your breasts are still on the high side not wearing a bra might do them some good. On the other hand if your breasts are where they need to me and you like how they look I would try and wear a bra as much as you can as this will help maintain your breast shape longer. All the best, Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Hello

+1
In our practice we tell our patients not to wear a bra for 6 weeks post surgery. We like our patients To wear a camisole to let the implants settle down naturally.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Is it OK to go braless 3 weeks after a BA?

+1

Different surgeons have different pstop -op instruction following a BA. In our office we usually encourage to go braless after 2 weeks following surgery. We feel that not wearing a bra after that time may possibly decrease the incidence of capsule formation( hardening of the breasts) by allowing the implant to move around. There are many pplastic surgeons who subscribe to this post-op plan. But, again, you need to follow your own surgeon's advice.

George Lefkovits, MD

Bra or no bra after augmentation

+1

I think that you should ask your doctor what he prefers.  In general, I prefer patients to wear a bra because it provides support and adds to the comfort.

Braless after augment

+1
You should follow your plastic surgeon's instructions. I personally do not find this to be a problem but everything in moderation.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

No bra after breast augmentation

+1

Surgeons will have preferrences all over the map on this one. Our routine though is a soft bra and band day and night for two weeks to keep things quiet and secure. After two weeks though bra less is fine.