What Aftercare Will I be Provided With After Rhinoplasty Surgery?

There is a particular date I have in mind for this surgery. Unfortunately, due to where I am having it (out of town) and the day, etc. I am having problems with finding someone to stay with me right afterward. My friend can stay at the hospital during the surgery and can bring me home afterward but she has to get back to work. Until she gets off work that evening, could a nurses aid stay with me for a few hours and would that be an additional cost to me?? If not, are there any suggestions?

Rhinoplasty aftercare.

+2

If you have had sedation or general anesthesia, you will be required to have someone stay with you for the  evening after surgery (even if surgery was first thing in the morning). This may seem unnecessary if you are doing well, but what if you get up too fast, strain in the restroom, or have a little bleeding episode that causes you to faint or pass out? What if you hit your head on the way to the floor? How about an unanticipated allergic reaction to one of your medicines? You get the idea. You need a responsible adult to be with you--not necessarily a nurse, but someone who can assist you if you need it, call the doctor's office or answering service if there is a question or concern, and drive you to the surgical center or emergency room if there is an emergency.

Your surgeon's office most likely has information about help the night of surgery. This is not "included" in your surgical costs, but you can engage the services of a professional care service, or perhaps one of the clinic's nursing staff, for this "day-of-surgery" assistance for a specific fee. We offer either option in our surgical facility for our out-of-town patients, as well as a list of nearby hotels.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Aftercare?

+1

Generally, postoperative care facilities and/or private nursing can be arranged for patients. Ask your chosen surgeon about options available through his/her office.

Rhinoplasty Aftercare

+1

If a patient has any  form of general anesthesia  in my clinic they cannot be alone the afternoon or evening after surgery. Ask your surgeon about your anesthesia and what they recommend. A nurse or aftercare facility can be arranged, usually at your expense.

Rhinoplasty After Care

+1

The requirement in my practice for patients undergoing surgery is to have a responsible adult with the patient overnight after the surgery.  If a friend or relative cannot be with the patient,  my practice arrranges for a Nurse to be with present (at the patient's expense).  The purpose of the this rule is primarily to allow for communication between the patient and my office should any problems occur and.  Oftentimes, a patient will not have the clarity required to remember instructions and/or medications which will help the postoperative course.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty after care

+1

I think it is a good idea to have someone stay with you at least the first 24 hours if not more to make sure you are okay.

Aftercare after rhinoplasty.

+1

These questions should be put to your surgeon who knows exactly what he is doing and your recovery. There3 is normally a charge for a nurse or facility. 

One Should Gave Someone To Stay With Them The First Night After Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

For the first night after rhinoplasty surgery, particularly if osteotomies and/or septal and turbinate surgery are involved, it is prudent to have some to stay with you for the first night. If you do not have someone, your plastic surgeon's office can usually make arrangements for a caretaker for the first night forf an additional cost.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Nursing Aftercare During First Day Following Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Tenn  Girl,

Your rhinoplasty surgeon's office should be able to make arrangemnets for a nurse to stay with you for a few hours after your surgery for a small additional cost.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Rhinoplasty aftercare

+1

Rhinoplasty aftercare can be varied depending on how your procedure is performed. Most patients do not require a nurse or aide to help them as you have full mobility. Swelling and bruising are the main issues after surgery which can be easily managed with ice compresses. I don't use packing or splints inside the nose to improve patient comfort as those are what bother most after surgery.

Jason D. Meier, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon