Should I Do a Nose Tip Refinement? Or Do I Need to Do More for a More Attractive Nose? (photo)

My nose sometimes looks decent straight on but when I smile, I feel like the tip droops and it just looks long and bulbous. I've been self conscious of it for years but I don't think I'd want to do a full rhinoplasty. I honestly just want my nose to look more attractive and feminine. I think I'd want to do a tip refinement but would that result in what I'm looking for? Also could I ever get a nose somewhat similar to either Jenna Dewan or Megan Fox? Their noses are so delicate and beautiful.

Should I do a nose tip refinement? Or do I need to do more for a more attractive nose?

+1

Hello, and sorry to hear you are not happy with the appearance of your nasal tip. It is possible to do a tip refinement only, and that may satisfy your needs, making your nose appear more feminine. However, there are other areas that need to be taken into consideration, and sometimes other procedures may be necessary in order to keep the nose in harmony with your facial features. This is something that can be determined during a consult with a skilled rhinoplasty surgeon. Rhinoplasty is a procedure tailored to the individual. While you may use the nose of someone else to communicate the general idea of what you are looking for, the procedure will be customized for you. The best candidate for a rhinoplasty meets the following criteria:

1) Realistic expectations
2) Looking for an improvement, as opposed to obtaining a perfect nose

I would recommend seeking out a consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon in your area. After examining your nose in person, they will be able to provide you with advice on how you may benefit from surgery. Thank you and good luck!

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

bulbous tip and weak chin profile

+1

It's usually best in most cases to perform a full rhinoplasty rather than just a tip plasty.  Suture techniques will narrow the nasal tip cartilages  which can be  performed along with cartilage removal. Releasing of the depressor septi ligament also help prevent the tip from drooping upon  animation. When a weak chin profile is present, a chin implant is usually recommended at the same time as the rhinoplasty to improve facial balance. Please see the link below for examples of the combination rhinoplasty and chin implant in our practice. We also have a virtual  plastic surgery software on our website to see what your new nose and chin might look like.

Consider tip refinement with fillers and chin augmentation

+1

Dear h91mac,

You have a very attractive face.  Your nose by itself is actually pretty nice.  The tip lacks a little definition which could be treated nicely with a non-surgical rhinoplasty using fillers. 

More importantly for your face, augmenting the chin would improve your facial proportions and de-emphasize your nose and cheeks.

Please take a look below at a link to a similar patient of mine.

In general, you have a very nice face that would look really nice with a little bit of chin augmenation and some tip refinement with fillers.

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Should I Do a Nose Tip Refinement? Or Do I Need to Do More for a More Attractive Nose?

+1

Very hard to respond over the internet but I believe a full rhinoplasty would be better in your case. Best to seek in person opinions. 

More than a tip Plasty for wide deviated nose.

+1

More than a tip Plasty for wide deviated nose. If you do not fix the crookedness and the right mid nose depression it will not look good. Choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. 

+1

Refining the tip in a nose like yours will have it appear more delicate and streamlined in the manner you describe.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty options

+1

There are two features of your nose that would be corrected with a rhinoplasty.  You have a wide or bulbous nasal tip and a wide nasal base.  Just correcting the tip of your nose would create disharmony between the tip of the nose and the nasal dorsum.  I would therefore recommend a standard rhinoplasty with refinement of the nasal tip as well as reduction of the width of the bony nasal dorsum.  An experienced plastic surgeon will be able to explain your options and help you decide an operative plan to meet your expectations.  

Limited Tip Refinement

+1

First let me say that you can dramatically improve the appearance of your nose by narrowing the tip and correcting the hour- glass contour of your nose which is seen in the frontal view. However, you will not achieve the delicate look of the examples you provided because your skin is thicker than theirs. Consult with an experienced rhinoplasty specialist.

You have lower shorter face your nose is ok/ tiene el tercio inferior de la cara corta tu nariz is ok

+1

you would need a little implant on your chin in order to balance  the whole face and then your nose would look less prominent you have a really preety nose.

tu requeririas de implante de menton para  balancear tu cara  ya que el tercio inferior es corto y eso hace ver  prominente o grande tu nariz

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon