Nose Tip Numbness Permanent 2 Years After Rhinoplasty?

I had a Rhinoplasty two years ago. I wanted a tip that was bit more refined; the original was bulbous. But, I was advised that as long as my tip is numb, it wasn't the final result. However, it's still numb two years after the operation. Does that mean I've been left with permanent numbness?

Numbness of the tip of the nose

+1

Unfortunately, if it is now 2 years after your surgery and you're still numb, then it is going to be permanent. You also are seeing the final result for your nose.

Rhinoplasty and nasal tip numbness

+1

Gazalle,

Thanks for the question. There are no certainties in life or surgery, but it would be safe to say that if the nasal tip numbness is present after two years, there is a high likelihood that this is a permanent finding. I would consult with your plastic surgeon to review this issue with him/her, as they know the specifics of your particular case.

Best of luck.

After 2 years, nasal tip numbness is permanent.

+1

Hi! We do a fair number of rhinoplasties in New York City, and I can tell you that permanent numbness of the tip of the nose is very unusual. But you can assume that after 2 years, it is permanent, unfortunately.

After 2 years, the shape of your nose also is the final result. So I hope you like the shape, at least!

There is no treatment for the numbness.