Nose is Too Short After Rhinoplasty, 1 Week Post-Op

Its been almost a week after my rhinoplasty. At this time I feel like my nose is too short and pushed up. I know that could be caused by swelling, but how will I know for sure? I am very unhappy with how I look because of this. Please help!

Nose too short 1 week after Rhinoplasty, now what?

+2

1 week is way too soon to be worried about the final Rhinoplasty result.  Give yourself several months and see what happens at that time.

Rhinoplasty - 1 week post-op

+1

At one week post op, you most certainly have some post-surgical swelling. It is too early in the healing process to know or see your final results.  As hard as it might be, try to relax, step away from the mirror, and allow yourself time to heal.

George John Alexander, MD, FACS

It's OK to have your nose appear upturned immediately after rhinoplasty surgery

+1

Do not be alarmed.  It is so common to have the tip raised a bit after surgery that I always notify my patients and my patient's family not to be concerned when they see the tip turned up with the tape on.  The tip will rotate down after the tape comes off and for a few weeks thereafter.  Totally normal.   Best, Dr. Phil

Philip Miller, MD

+1

Need side view and before photos. Way too early in recovery/swelling to comment if to short of a nose. Be patient. 

Too short nose after rhinoplasty

+1

Being only 1 week out from your surgery you will have swelling to your nose. This can often cause the tip to rotate up temporarily. You really need to give it time for your nose to heal. Maintain your follow up appointments with your surgeon and discuss your concerns with him or her.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Be patient, you are still healing

+1

You need to be patient as you are still healing.  It will take months to see the final result of your surgery.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Nasal Swelling After Rhinoplasty

+1

There is nothing about your nose that makes it look too short or turned up at this stage and there shouldn't be any judgments made at one week.  Your nose is swollen and will begin to take shape over the next few months. Be patient and give your body time to change.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

A nose too short right after rhinoplasty

+1

The rule after rhinoplasty is to let things heal and settle, especially after the first week. The exception we have found is that if the nose is over shortened, or the tip over rotated, then revision during the first week or two can save the day. An over shortened nose can become more difficult to lengthen as the skin envelop shrinks around the new frame. Good news though, your photo looks fine so you should hang in there.

peterejohnsonmd

Nose appearance post rhinoplasty

+1

1 week post op is too soon to worry. It takes time for the swelling to go down and things to look better. Stay in touch with your plastic surgeon, and let them help you through this period of time that you need reassurance.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Cover your Mirrors and relax

+1

It takes time for the nose to drop and the swelling to go away. discuss this with your surgeon. Stop looking at it. When you leave the beauty parlor you can go to the wedding. When you leave the OR you need time to recover. It can take a full year and sometimes more for all of the swelling to go after a rhinoplasty.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD