Will a Nose Job Widen my Eyes Also? (photo)

i am asian and have a very flat nose. I also want wider set eyes. if i get a nose job will i be killing 2 birds with 1 stone?. or should i just get an epicanthoplasty. I think my eyes are too far apart.

Nose and eyes in Asians

+1

I would recommend that you have an augmentation rhinoplasty first to see if the relative appearance of your eyes are acceptable to you.  If not, a medial epicanthoplasty will give you the wider eyes you desire. 

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian Rhinoplasty & Eyes Work Well Together

+1
Thank you for your question. An asian rhinoplasty will help the appearance of wide set eyes.  By building up the bridge of the nose, an optical illusion is created that makes the eyes look closer together.  In conrast, a flat bridge makes the eyes appear to be more widely set than they actually are.  With respect to an epicanthoplasty to create more occidentally shaped eyes, that is a personal preference.  It will not have as significant of an impant as the bridge augmentation in the apparent distance between the eyes as the rhinoplasty. All the best.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

The effect of dorsal augmentation on perceived intercanthal distance

+1

Although your actual intercanthal distance (distance between your eyes) will be unaltered by increasing the height of your bridge (dorsal augmentation), it will give the illusion of your eyes being closer together.  An epicanthoplasty will cause your eyes to look closer together, which improving the overall shape of your eyes as well.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Nose job and wide eyes

+1

A dorsal augmentation rhinoplasty will not effect the eyelids or position of the orbits.  It will simply help with the flat bridge.  

Rhinoplasty will not change your medial epicanthus

+1

A rhinoplasty will not affect the medial epicanthal area in a meaningful way.

In your case, you would benefit from a medial epicanthoplasty.

Charles S. Lee, MD, FACS

Augmentation rhinoplasty has no effect on the size of the eye opening.

+1

In general, augmenting nose dorsum has minimal effect, if any, on the appearance of medial epicanthal folds and thus the size of the eye opening. However, it may give a visual illusion that the distance between the eyes is not as wide.

Eric I. Choe, MD, FACS