Can a Nose Job Make Your Face Look Much Worse?

I am asian male and i need to augment the nose and refine tip because i am bothered by it and i think it gets some attention when people look at me. i like to know if a nose job can improve my looks I seen some bad nose job in asian people where they look fake. I like to know if nose job are more than 50/50 chances of making you look better than your original looks.

Nose job making your face look worse

+2
If your rhinoplasty is done by an experienced plastic surgery, the chances of significant improvement are very high. Make sure whomever you choose has experience with Asian noses.
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Natural Asian Rhinoplasty

+2

Dear rhinoplasty patient from Fremont California,
The goal of cosmetic nasal surgery should be improvements that look pleasing, but also fit an individual’s other facial features. I believe a good rhinoplasty is the one that looks and feels natural, and is in harmony with the rest of the face without having an "operated-on" look. You must search around and find an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who is familiar with ethnic rhinoplasty.

Web reference: http://www.orangecountynosejob.com

Rhinoplasty should reflect who you are

+2

Rhinoplasty can look fake or artificial and we too have seen some which don't seem to fit. This can be very important in an Asian rhinoplasty. The bridge can be lifted and the tip shaped, though it is important to balance the result with your face and ethnicity as a whole. If you are Asian there are characteristics of your nose which should reflect that. Work carefully with your surgeon and we suggest computer imaging to try out potential changes 'on paper' to avoid problems with your result.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty

Nose jobs don't make the face look worse or fake if they are done well.

+2

Nose jobs don't make the face look worse or fake if they are done well. The 'trick" is going to an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does NATURAL noses.

Nose job results should be natural & enhance your other features.

+1

The Asian rhinoplasty when performed in a conservative fashion is an excellent way to change the nose without making it look overdone. It is important to have good communication with your surgeon, computer imaging, and recognize that the surgeon has performed many Asian rhinoplasties with augmentation so as to understand what you are getting yourself into.  

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Rhinoplasty and Making the Face Look Worse

+1

It is important to do your research, and choose a rhinoplasty surgeon who is a specialist, as this will allow you to achieve the best result possible and minimize the chance of a surgery leaving you unhappy. Around 85-95% of rhinoplasty procedures will make the nose look better. The goal is to make subtle changes that will only enhance your own natural looks.

Dr. Nassif

Nose Job Make Your Face Look Much Worse?

+1

In the hands of a very experience rhinoplasty surgeon, like Dr Mayer, Asian noses can be beauty. Seek an in person evaluation. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

Rhinoplasty and result

+1

Like anything, if it is not performed well it will not look good.  SO if you go to a qualified surgeon to have a rhinoplasty who consistently produces good results, then more than likely you will look better.

Rhinoplasty Results

+1

The goal of any cosmetic surgery is to improve your looks.  Likewise, the goal of rhinoplasty is to improve the look of your face.  It is important that you consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon and that you have frank discussions about your expectations from surgery.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Go to someone who does a lot of Asian noses.

+1

I'm telling you this as a surgeon who doesn't do a lot of Asian noses.  There are intricasies of the Asian rhinoplasty that experience helps.  Check around in your community and see who has the most experience.  Ask to see pictures of the surgeons work.  Hopefully he or she will have someone that looks like you in the preop picture so you can get some idea of what you might look like post op.

Winston Salem Plastic Surgeon