Nose Was Hit, Didn't Break but is Crooked Now With Breathing Difficulty, What Can I Do?

I was headbutted about 2 months ago, it didn't bleed or hurt a lot, there was a bit of swelling which went down rather quick. Now i'm worried my nose has changed shape, and i have difficulty breathing on one side. What do you think?

Make an appointment with an ENT

+1

I suggest you make an appointment with an ENT (ear, nose throat doctor) to assess why you are having breathing issues and determine solutions.  Your story is typical of a nasal injury and can be corrected with surgery or other treatments.

Nasal deformity after trauma

+1

Your story is typical for a nasal deformity.  The trauma caused injury to your nasal structures which include bone and cartilage.  The crooked nature of your nose probably is due to warping of the septal cartilage which is like compressing a sheet of aluminum.  The sheet of cartilage that is your septum will warp and cause your nose to be crooked and also obstruct or restrict airflow in nasal breathing.

Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD