Is a nose that is off centered with the midline of the face fixable?

About 10 months ago I had double jaw surgery which was due to a crossbite. My nose is now off centered with my face. The left nostril droops and is larger than the right. I would like for my nose to be repositioned and the nostrils to be reconfigured. I am going for as close to symmetrical as possible. I had a consultation today with a Surgeon who said that unfortunately, there was nothing that could be done. He explained that its like a house, you can move the walls but not the structure.

+1

This may well be true, but this is hard to evaluate without pictures or an exam.

Asymmetry of the nose

+1

It would help to see photos. It is true that straightening a crooked nose is difficult and not always possible, but you might want to get a few other opinions on what can be done in your particular case.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Nose Off Centered afted Double Jaw Surgery

+1

Surgery to correct an off centered and asymmetrical nose is possible but I need to see pictures to answer your question. There are instructions on my website re views to submit for nasal evaluation.

Rhinoplasty for asymmetrical nose

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure can be quite successful in addressing certain asymmetries of the nose, but when there is huge facial disproportions, it becomes quite difficult. Best to have 2-3 consultations and realistic expectations before marking on the procedure

Rhinoplasty after jaw surgery

+1

Yes, it is possible to fix the problem. I just recently fixed a patient with a similar story as yours who developed a crooked nose and asymmetric tip and nostrils after double jaw surgery. The septum was off midline. Often times the nasal bones are fine, but the septum that contributes to the outside appearance of your nose is off midline and needs to be corrected. The tip cartilages connect to your septum and get twisted in the process as well.

However, your case may be different and require a more thorough evaluation in person.

I would recommend you get several consultations with other surgeons who specialize not just in rhinoplasty but who also have done revision rhinoplasty cases.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

Rhinoplasty after Maxillomandiular surgery

+1

I perform both MMA surgery an rhinoplasty. It is possible to correct a deviated or crooked nose. It may require a costal cartilage or rib graft to do so. A consultation with photos is recommended.

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty after jaw surgery to make it midline

+1

Rhinoplasty after jaw surgery to make it midline may be possible, but is impossible to say without good photos