My Nose Still Looks Big 9 Months After Rhinoplasty

I had an open rhinoplasty 9 months again, I had the hump recovered, alar reduction, nostrils made smaller, tip made smaller and my nose was broken to make it thin. But after 9 month my nose still looks big, I can see a small hump on the bridge to, and when I touch the bridge of my nose I can feel where the sides of my nose was brought together if that makes sense. Also when I smile my nose looks bent. Is my nose still swollen or is this my new nose?

"Big" Nose 9 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

The majority of your swelling has resolved 9 months after surgery.  Discuss the possibility of a revision with your surgeon and get a second opinion if necessary.

Revision Rhinoplasty Time

+1

Hi Jink,

Sorry to say that the majority of your swelling is gone, and the defects that you describe are not the kind that improve over time.  If the appearance of your nose bothers you, it is time to consider revision rhinoplasty.  The edges that you are feeling on the sides of your nose is where the boney cuts were made in the nasal bones (osteotomies).  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD