Tingling, Slight Pain and Numbness in the Legs After Laser Vein Treatment - Normal?

5 Days post-op. I didn't visit an MD unfortunately and am now worried about these items, especially as I was told the only side effect I could potentially experience would be blisters.

Laser vein treatment

+3

The tingling and slight pain are normal, however if you have significant numbness through the  leg, that is not a normal post procedure occurrence and you should have it examined by the doctor who performed the procedure.  Your doctor will be able to advise you as to what needs to be done, if anything at all. 

Manhattan General Surgeon

Vein Treatment

+1

If enough veins are treated, there can be swelling and this can cause some tingling with the fluid retention.  This is not something to be too overly concerned with.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Laser veins

+1

this will sometimes occur after laser treatment. just wait it out and it should go away.  sclero typically has less side effect profile but even sclero can cause staining or hyperpigmentation if not done properly.

Timothy Mountcastle, MD
Ashburn General Surgeon

Laser, sclerotherapy

+1

The symptoms are unusual. It is time to consult an experienced physician for full evaluation of the distribution of numbness and pain to get a diagnosis.

Start with your Family Physician consult.