Is It Normal to Have Pain, Swollen Lymph Nodes Under Left Arm After 8 Days Post-OP of Gynecomastia?

Sir, i am 23 and i had my gynecomastia treatment 8 days back using both SAL and gland excision. My chest has become flat and there is no swelling or bruishing near the nipple, where the doctor made the incision.But i am upset because there is a small painful lump like thing under my left arm ( i googled to find it as "swollen lymph nodes" ).I am worried about it and planning to visit the doctor soon, but i posted here to seek advice from you experts, is it normal? there was no lump before OP.

Lymph node swelling after gynecomastia surgery

+1

It's very common to get some lymph node reactivity in the axillary nodes after gynecomastia surgery.  This occurs normally, though it can be a sign of infection or other issues in the breast area.  You should follow up with your surgeon anyway, and when you do, he or she can be sure that there are no other issues that might be causing the reactive lymph nodes.  

Rick Silverman

Newton Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

You need to see your primary or a specialist to determine what that can be. You need to get check out ASAP.