Is It Normal to Feel Vibrating, Gurgling, or Bubbling from my Breast After a Submuscular Breast Augmentation?

it almost feels as if the implant is moving down to settle in the pocket, is this normal and if so, how long should I expect this?

Different sounds/feelings after breast augmentation.

+3

There is always a small amount of air and fluid around a breast implant following augmentation. This is present for a few weeks after surgery and is then reabsorbed. The combination can create all sorts of strange sounds such as the ones you are experiencing. It should stop after a few weeks.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Unusual sounds from breast after implants

+3

Air and fluid normally persist around the implants for up to two to three weeks which may create unusual sounds such as crackling, crunching, gurgling, squeaking, bubbling, vibrating and can even create the sensation of rice crispies under the skin.  

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Strange sensations and sounds early after breast augmentation

+2

It is totally normal to hear strange fluid sounds early after breast augmentation.  These are harmless and always go away.

Noises after augmentation

+1
There is air in your tissues around the implant after augmentation - it can be normal to feel crackling or hear some noises. This will resolve over the first few weeks. If you have more swelling or fluid see your plastic surgeon. 

Why Can I Hear My Breasts?

+1

It is normal to hear sloshing or gurgling in the early period after breast augmentation. This is usually from a combination of air and fluid that is in the implant pocket. This is not unusual after a breast augmentation. The body will absorb this, and after a couple weeks it should no longer be an issue.

Hope that helps!

Dr. Babak Dadvand

Breast Augmentation

+1

Air of fluid in the implant pocket can occassionally create noises during the first few weeks postop.  It is important for you doctor to closely monitor this to ensure it resolves.

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Gurgle after aug

+1

The key question is how long post op are you?There may be some fluid in your implant pocket that may cause this sound but it will go away eventually.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Noises after Breast Augmentation Surgery

+1

It is not uncommon to hear strange noises after breast augmentation surgery and can be related to a small amount of fluid around the breast implants. This in generally absorbed during the first 4 -6 weeks after your breast augmentation surgery.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Strange noises asfter breast augmentation

+1

It is not unusual for patients to hear or feel strange noises or sensations. This may be related to saline implants, air, fluid in the pocket, etc..  If it  does not get better contact your doctor to be examined.

Breast augmentation

+1

what you are describing is not at all unusual in saline implants. this usually resolves with time but you should discuss it with your surgeon. 

Topeka Plastic Surgeon