I Blush Very Easily On My Face and Chest, What Are Some Options For Me?

I blush really easy (which is extremely embarassing it turns my whole face and chest red) and also have night redness on the bridge of my nose and cheeks (no bumps or anything like rosacea). I found that Naicin mixed with b12 vitamins reduces both of these issues but make me gain weight. Why would they reduce it? and is there something else that would have the same results without the weight gain?

Redness on cheeks and chest

+1

There are many treatments available for redness of the face and chest including: Lasers and Intense Pulsed Light (photo-rejuvenation). I have had great success with the Spectrapulse IPL. Topical treatments, while available, are of minimal help.

Flushing, or redness that comes and goes away completely, is more difficult to treat. There are some oral medications (pills) that may work, but is rarely used.

Avoidance of triggers is the simplest treatment. Common triggers include:

• consuming alcoholic beverages
  • consuming hot liquids or foods
  • consuming spicy foods
  • changes in external temperature (heat-cold)

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Fractionated Vascular Laser Treatment

+1

Consider Fractionated Vascular Laser treatment at 3-6 week intervals for 3-5 sessions. The problem should resolve.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Blushing is a form of rosacea

+1

Easy blushing on the face and chest is indeed a form of rosacea. You don't have to have bumps to "qualify" for this diagnosis. Depending upon the severity of your symptoms, there are many treatment options available for you. I recommend being evaluated by a board certified dermatologist. In the meanwhile, strict sun avoidance methods such as using hats and broad spectrum sunblocks are the most important things you can do.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/general-dermatology/acne-and-rosacea/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon