How To Correct White Spots After Laser Treatment? (photo)

I had a laser treatment done in early October, it has almost been 4 months and the white spots are still there. Is there anything I can do in order to help the spots go away? any cream? any treatments? I am getting married next year and I truly want to do something about this. I have heard that Selsun blue helps, is this true? Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you so much.

Treatment for white spots after laser treatment

+2

Potential risks of laser hair removal include temporary or permanent hypo-pigmentation which can occur even when optimal laser treatment parameters are used. Fortunately most instances of pigmentation problems are temporary and tend to fade over time. Selsun Blue works for tinea versicolor (TV), not for post-laser hypo-pigmentation. Daily use of an effective sunscreen is key, regardless as to whether you are going outdoors. This way you can protect the under pigmented areas as well as prevent tanning the surrounding skin which would give a greater contrast and make the white spots more prominent.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/laser-hair-removal/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

White spots

+1

You can try Fraxinated laser photothermolysis which can sometimes benefit this situation.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon