Is It Safe to Have Tt Bbl and Bl with Ba at the Same Tiime? (photo)

Doing tummy tuck with butt lift and breast augmentation/breast lift at the same time

It's possible to have all these procedures done at same time but there are increased risks associated with prolong surgical time and anesthesia duration. There are several considerations for determining whether these combination of procedure should be performed at the same time. One concern regarding tummy tuck, breast augmentation and Brazilian buttock lift is how are you going to position yourself during the recovery period after the surgery. I like my patients to be in supine position after breast augmentation and tummy tuck. I like my patients to be in prone position after BBL. You may find it to be very difficult if you had BBL and tummy tuck/Breast augmentation at the same time. How are you going to rest after your surgery without possibly affecting the result? Yes, with a healthy patient and today's technology, you can have all of the above procedures all at once. But why? Especially with higher risks.

Best Wishes,

76 N Hudson Ave
Pasadena, CA 91101

Are there added risks when combining surgical procedures? Ask Dr Ellen

Hello Nancy,

The straight up answer to your question is:

more procedures at one time =  more complications and risks 

There are no guarantees.  

Thanks for asking!  Dr Ellen

Ellen A. Mahony, MD
Westport Plastic Surgeon

131 Kings Highway North
Westport, CT 06880

Is It Safe to Have Tt Bbl and Bl with Ba at the Same Tiime?

My inclination would be to do the TT and breast surgery as a first stage, then proceed later with the liposuction and BBL. Part of this would depend on the nature of the breast lift and how long that would take, and that can vary a lot depending on what is needed.

I prefer to keep outpatient OR times to 4 hours, many others will go to 6. Many operative risks increase with longer OR times. The usual standard is that for surgery longer than 6 hours, patients should be observed (admitted) overnight, and that can prohibitively add to cost. 

Each surgeon will have a slightly different opinion, but safety is the primary consideration.

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

1110 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Regarding safety of combination plastic surgery procedures including tummy tuck, brazilian butt lift, and breast lift/augment

Thanks for your question!

When procedures are combined, the potential for complication increases.  This is largely due to the amount of time spent under general anesthesia with the increased risk for developing deep venous thromboses (blood clots) and pulmonary embolism, a potentially fatal problem.  The other less threatening problems such as infection, bleeding, hematoma, seroma, and wound healing issues, also generally trend upwards when combination procedures are performed.

In general, I try to break up long procedures into smaller ones when my operative time exceeds 6 hours.  If concerned,  I will often admit the patient overnight at the hospital for monitoring and this has given me and the patients peace of mind and an additional layer of safety.

One last tip; start with a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in your desired surgery.  It is okay to ask the doctor directly and also ask for before and after photos.  Investigate the doctor to make sure that he is board certified by checking his/her properly spelled last name at

Good luck with your decision!

Shankar Lakshman, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

10 Congress Street
Pasadena, CA 91105

Tummy Tuck, Brazilian Butt Lift, and Breast Lift/Aug at same time?

In healthy motivated patients, it is common to combine multiple surgeries. In my practice, doing these 3 surgeries at the same time is not uncommon. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon experienced at these procedures to discuss your specific risks. As long as these can be done in less than 6 hours, your surgical risk should be low.

Matthew Schulman, MD

950 Park Avenue
New York City, NY 10028

Breast Aug, Full Breast Lift, and Tummy Tuck at the Same Time

I think that if you are otherwise healthy and if your breasts are not grossly asymmetric, the likelihood is that all can be performed at the same time in a safe manner.  The tummy tuck may take 1.5 hrs, the augmentation 15 minutes, and the full breast lift 2 hrs (if you only need a circumareolar or vertical this may only take 45 minutes or an hour).  

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Multiple procedures

It is very tempting to perform multiple surgical procedures in one session for both doctor and patient.

When a patient presents to our office with the idea of multiple procedures, we need to discuss what are the ultimate results you desire. how extensive the surgery needed, and your general health and your particular risks for the surgery.

The surgeon should not be working against time, we should bbe striving to perform the best procedure to achieve the best result regardless of the elemnt of time.

We can plan the sequence and the combination of surgry with our patient based on medical history, risks, the results neede to achieve and most of al patient saferty and best results

doing a surgical procedure on a hurry, working against time, may not give you the best results.

10 East 31 Street
Baltimore, MD 21218

Possible, yes. Recovery would be difficult.

It’s definitely possible to perform a Brazilian Butt Lift, abdominoplasty, breast augmentation and breast lift simultaneously.Unfortunately, the recovery following this combination can be extremely difficult.For this reason, most plastic surgeons prefer staging these procedures.The origin of this problem is simple.Tummy Tuck, breast augmentation and breast lift patients should lie on their backs following surgery while Brazilian Butt Lift patients should lie on their abdomens following surgery.This is obviously a difficult proposition when both procedures are performed together.
When patients undergo this surgical combination, safety should be everyone’s first priority.For this reason, procedures of this magnitude should be performed in accredited surgical centers.The operative times should never exceed the 4 to 6 hours.
In contrast, performing these procedures simultaneously offers several advantages.These include synergy, less expense and one recovery.
For these reasons, it’s important to consider each case on an individual basis.No two patients are ever exactly alike.They have different anatomic findings, aesthetic goals and social situations.It’s therefore, important to tailor the surgical approach to the patient’s needs.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

8900 West Dodge Road
Omaha, NE 68114

Multiple Procedures can be performed at the same time

Mommy makeover procedures take a lot of time to perform. A safe time limit is 6 hours, if your surgeon feels that the surgery can be performed in this time frame than you should be OK. Otherwise I would separate the procedures and stage them 3-6 months apart.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

4911 South 118 Street
Omaha, NE 68137

Combined procedures and safety

There are couple considerations for multiple procedures done at the same time.  Obviously, the safety should be our number one concern.  With several procedures, the operative time could be very long.  As operative time gets longer, complication rate (infection, bleeding) becomes higher.  In addition, your recovery will be tougher with so many surgeries all over your body.  Some patients may want multiple surgery in one session to avoid multiple recovery.  However, it will be best to limit surgery so that the operative time is less than 6-8 hours.

Sugene Kim, MD, FACS

4185 Technology Forest Blvd.
The Woodlands, TX 77831