Neck Lift Recovery

What to expect during neck lift recovery? Does it take a long time to heal? Will I need a lot of help around the house?

Neck Lift Recovery

+2

Recovery from a neck lift surgery is relatively straightforward. Most patients will experience one to two weeks of bruising and swelling. During this first week, Dr. Perez usually recommends that his patients sleep with their head elevated to speed recovery and hasten resolution of swelling and bruising. A bulky dressing is usually worn for several days, often followed by an elastic, compressive bandage for a week or more. Patients are usually able to attend social functions after three weeks and may return to full exercise and activity after six weeks.

Recovery may be less than you think

+2

Let me start by saying that patients who undergo a necklift are usually so thrilled when they see the improvement in the appearance of their neck on the first postoperative day that it makes the recovery seem worth every day!  That said, similar to other surgical procedures, there is some variability in the recovery from patient to patient.  In general, the recovery is about 7 to 10 days.  The answer also depends in part on what you mean by "recovery".  Some patients feel great and ready to return to work in 3 or 4 days, while some feel like they need to take it easy for longer periods of time.  Some patients have very little swelling and bruising, while others may have more of both for a longer duration.  Regardless of the recovery, patients are generally delighted with the results that can be achieved with a necklift, and very happy they elected to do it.

Lisa Ishii, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Corset platysmaplasty

+2

Not all neck lifts are the same. Over the last 4 years, I have used the corset platysmaplasty with great success. The recovery is typically one week and the results have withstood the test of time. Furthermore, I have been able to make even the worst necks look beautiful.

Robert M. Freund, MD

Neck lifts

+2

If you have a neck lift, you may need a week or two to recover. There will be bruising and swelling after surgery.

Neck lift recovery is quite short.

+2

Provided there are no complications, most necklift patients can return to reasonable daily activity the day after surgery.  There may be some bruising and visible sutures that can contribute to social downtime, but physically I want my patients up and about immediately.  By 2 weeks all the sutures have been removed and obvious swelling and bruising is gone.  Improvement, however, in the final outcome might be visible for many months.

Duration for neck lift recovery & what to expect

+2
 A neck lift involves removal of fat above and below the platysma muscle, as well as a platysma-plasty. This is more than just simple Liposuction of the neck. A neck lift recovery will take approximately two weeks to make sure all the bruising and swelling is gone after the surgery. It is important not to take any aspirin or ibuprofen for two weeks before and after the surgery, and it is also important not to perform any exercise or heavy-duty lifting or strenuous activities for two weeks after the surgery. for many examples, please see link below to our neck lift photo gallery

Neck Lift has relatively easy and fast recovery

+2

Neck lift can be done as a separate or combine procedure with face lift.

Isolated Neck Lift has a fast and easy recovery time. Downtime is minimal, and the results are usually very satisfying.

M. Ryan Khosravi, MD

Recovery for Neck Lift surgery

+2

I normally combine neck lift surgery with facelift surgery. As the face ages the neck usually also has lost some elasticity and begins to sag. My fees for facelift always include the neck and I believe it to be one of the important part of the facial surgery.

Recovery for this surgery is about 6 days and clients find this surgery has a very quick and not painful recovery period. Clients are seen post-operatively in my practice at 6 days and many of the stitches are removed. I have very little bruising with this surgery and most clients return to work the following week after surgery.

John Ward, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Recovery from a neck lift depends on the problem and the surgeon

+2

There are many names these days for a facelift. Neck lift, mini lift, etc. The skill of the surgeon and how extensive the neck lift is and your bruising will all be involved. Bruising takes 1-2 weeks normally and you can return to work in 1-2 weeks. After my full facelift and eyelids, I was seeing patients the next day.

Neck lift recovery

+2

Very hard question to give a definitive answer. Some can recover in days others at least 6 weeks. There are so many intervening factors that is why an in person evaluation from a boarded surgeon is in order. Best of luck!