How to Get Rid of Neck Fat?

I'm 22 years old. I often loose and gain weight; but most often loose. How can I get rid of fat on my neck? I have friends that are bigger and dont have a fat neck.

Getting rid of neck fat

+3

No non-surgical procedures work other than weight loss.  The 3 surgeries one can have are liposuction, neck lifts, and facelifts.  At 22, I would hope you still have good enough skin elasticity that liposuction alone would work for you. 

Fat on the neck and chin

+2

good morning thank you for the inquiry

The answer is it may simply be anatomy and genetics. Though some people may be actually somewhat large in stature or overall size their necks may be longer than others in their jaw may project in the lower hanging than others giving them a more defined look despite being a larger person.  some people just have a low hanging hyoid bone that is low and anterior making it difficult to create a well defined jaw, chin and neck. Again, if you don't have a strong projected chin and jaw this works against you as well. In these instances no amount of exercise, weight loss, etc. will change the way that looks significantly. 

given your age laser assisted liposuction (SlimLipo) and possibly a chin implant maybe your best bet.

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tumescent Liposuction of the Neck

+1

Double chin deformities commonly result from fat accumulation in the neck. This fat typically doesn’t respond to diet and exercise and for this reason, liposuction is the treatment of choice in most cases.

Tumescent liposuction of the neck is a relatively simple procedure that involves infusing tumescent fluid into the subcutaneous tissue of the neck. This fluid has epinephrine which minimizes bleeding and lidocaine which is a local anesthetic. A cannula which is attached to suction is then passed through the tissue removing fat and sculpting the area. After surgery, patients wear a comprehensive chin strap for several weeks.

The procedure results in significant contour improvement and is associated with high satisfaction rates. If you’re considering neck liposuction, consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon is appropriate. This surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that’s appropriate for your problem. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

How to get rid of neck fat

+1
 There are 2 types of fatty deposits in the neck, and these are sub-platysmal, and sub-mental. The sub-mental fat deposits can be removed with traditional liposuction, however the sub-platysmal fat must be removed with a neck lift. A platysma-plasty is also performed at same time as a neck lift to give further jawline definition. For many examples, please see the link below to our neck lift photo gallery

Neck Fat

+1

Weight loss is the only non surgical option. After your weight is stable, chin liposuction is a good option.

"Dr.D"

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment Of Fat Neck?

+1

Unfortunately, it is not possible to give you good advice without direct examination.  Generally, a good candidate for liposuction of the neck and chin area will be a relatively young patient with isolated “excess” adipose tissue  with limited redundant/loose skin.  The quality of overlying skin elasticity is of utmost  importance. In my practice, the majority of patients I see who request the procedure are not good candidates.

You will find many doctors will offer their services to you;  I would suggest consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Treating neck fat

+1

Liposuction is the most definitive treatment for removing fat from the neck.  It can be done with or without laser.  In a young person the skin usually has very good elasticity so has good recoil and snaps back after liposuction.  If there is too much skin then you may also need a neck lift after the liposuction.

M. Christine Lee, MD
Walnut Creek Dermatologic Surgeon

Fluctuating weight and liposuction

+1

The first recommendation I have is to get to a point in where your weight is fairly stable.  This is best done by lifestyle modifications.  Once you have a stable weight you may be a candidate for chin liposuction. Visit a couple of plastic surgeons at that point to determine if you a suitable candidate.

Good luck

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Liposuction to the chin is a great option for stubborn fat

+1

Throughout our bodies, we all have areas of fat that are difficult to lose. If this describes the fat underneath your chin and you have good quality skin, you would be a great candidate for liposuction in this area. Your best bet is to be evaluated by a board-certified plastic surgeon who has a great deal of experience with liposuction, chin surgery, and neck lifts. They will be able to determine if your skin has enough elasticity to contract after the surgery. Be sure to follow their postoperative recommendations as they are very important to make sure that you will obtain the results are looking for.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Neck fat removal

+1

If the neck fat does not thin out with weight loss, you  may be better off having liposuction to improve the area.  It is a fairly benign procedure with limited downtime.