Cost to Get Rid of Double Chin?

I'm not old enough for a face lift etc., but I know for a fact I'll never lose this double chin and I'd really like it gone. What can I expect for a price range?

Price for chin liposuction on double chin

+4

The price of chin liposuction will vary depending on your locations, doctor's office, method of removal, and the amount of work that needs to be done. In general, it ranges from $1500 to $2500.

Cost to get rid of Double chin

+3
The price of neck liposuction will depend upon the time required for the surgery.  For many people this can be the most significant change one can make for a relatively small amount of money.
Neck liposuction might be a small procedure, but checking the credentials of your plastic survey and facility are still very important.

Precision, expertise and patience is required to get the best results from chin liposuction. 

Liposuction, as you may have heard in the popular media, is the most commonly performed surgical procedure each year in the United States. Here's a statistic that you may not have heard: the majority of physicians performing liposuction in the United States are not plastic surgeons; in fact, many do not have any formal surgical training whatsoever. It seems hard to believe, but many physicians performing liposuction have had no more training in liposuction than a 'weekend course'. One way to determine whether or not a physician has had appropriate training in a particular surgery is to confirm that they have hospital privileges for that procedure, and that the procedure is being performed in an accredited facility.  I would not be surproised to learn that these physicians will have lower prices and perhaps set prices for surgery

I fear that some practitioners view liposuction as a 'simple' surgery, since it does not involve making large incisions, and it requires little, if any, suturing. Nothing could be further from the truth. Liposuction, in my mind, is a very challenging and rewarding operation that requires careful planning and preparation, and a great deal of care and finesse when it is actually performed. It requires a three-dimensional understanding of the layers of human anatomy, an understanding that is second nature to a surgeon alone. I think that it is often an inadequate understanding of anatomy (and, perhaps, of the body's response to surgery) which leads to the poor results in liposuction that unfortunately are so often seen.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Double chin lipo cost

+3

Correction of the lower face, jawline, chin and neck areas may entail liposuction, muscle tightening, suture suspension, skin resection (lower facelift), and/or a chemical peel or resurfacing. Liposuction by itself may not produce your desired result. A chin enlargement (augmentation genioplasty) can enhance the results of a liposuction. A necklift may also be indicated and may entail 3 or 4 different types of procedures based upon the condition of the skin, fat (amount and location), muscles (loose, weak, or separated), as well as your general body weight and facial shape.

For example, chin implants are commonly performed in combination with liposuction of the neck, tightening of the neck muscles, and/or a facelift. Sometimes, Botox or fillers (collagen, fat, Gortex, Alloderm, etc.) can also provide improvements without surgery. During the consultation we may determine that other procedures are better suited for your optimal outcome.

Liposuction of the neck is typically performed through several small (1/4") incisions placed under the chin and behind the ears. It takes about an hour and may performed on an outpatient basis under local, sedation, or general anesthesia. Additional incisions are required to treat the jowls.

Chin augmentation can be performed inside or outside the mouth. I prefer the latter for several reasons. The operation may involve removal of skin and/or fat (liposuction) and/or movement of the chin pad and/ or tightening or repair of the underlying muscles. The proper procedure to perform is a complex decision process determined based on your desires, anatomy, practicality, and wound healing.

Surgery varies from 1-4 hours but may take longer.

We generally recommend that you take a week off work and avoid strenuous physical activity for three weeks. Compression garments are generally required during the first week.

The surgery can be done in several different places (hospital, office surgical suite, or surgicenter) and the prices vary accordingly with the last being the most affordable.

Neck liposuction can range anywhere from $2000 up to $3500, chin enlargement from $2500 up to $15000, a facelift can range anywhere from $4500 up to $16,000.

Chin Liposuction in Midwest, US: $1000-$1500

+1

Chin liposuction costs vary and are dependent upon multiple factors.  These include the surgeon’s fee, facility fee, anesthesia charges, location of the liposuction procedure and the type of liposuction performed.  The approach to liposuction varies from physician to physician.  Some surgeons use general anesthesia, some use a hospital, and some use techniques that involve expensive technology.  Each of these variables can affect the cost of chin liposuction.

Obtaining liposuction fee quotes on the telephone or internet can be confusing.  Therefore, it’s important to meet with a physician and know exactly what he or she is talking about.  Make sure you’re not talking apples and oranges and that you’re getting a fee quote for a comparable procedure.

In the Midwestern United States, chin liposuction fees range from $1000 to $1500. This would typically include the surgeons fee, facility fee, anesthesia charges and after care.

Cost is obviously important, but it’s also important to be comfortable with the surgeon’s qualifications and experience.  Make sure you get all your questions answered and are comfortable with your surgeon.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

cost of getting rid of a double chin

+1
 The cost range could be anywhere from $1500-6000 dollars depending upon what is done. Simple liposuction of the sub-mental fat under local anesthesia will be the cheapest.The cost of any cosmetic procedure is driven by 3 factors. These are anesthesia doctor's fee, operating room a fee, and surgeons fee. A full neck lift with  removal of sub-platysmal and sub-mental fat and a platysma-plasty could cost approximately $6000. Expect 2 weeks of bruising and swelling regardless of what procedures being performed. For more information, our price list, and neck lift photo gallery, please see  the link below

Neck liposuction

+1

The key to liposuction is the quality of the skin and not the amount of fat removed.  If the skin of the neck is tight it will recoil and redrape after liposuction. If the skin is lax then you will just get saggy skin.  You may be a good candidate for liposuction of the neck and submental area.  An examination is necessary to give you appropriate advice.

The cost of treating a double chin

+1

the answer is is that it is variable. However in my office if it is truly just chin liposuction then the cost is approximately $3000. In our office that's with the added benefit of laser assisted liposuction in the form of SlimLipo. I've used Smartlipo as well as traditional liposuction by itself in my impression is that SlimLipo offers the best results in the chin, jaw line, neck area.I perform these procedures under local anesthesia with very nice results in very little downtime for the patients. If you choose to undergo a procedure like this under sedation or even general anesthesia you may find your costs increasing as much as $2500.  adding a chin implant to the procedure will improve the look dramatically and has an added cost of around $2200

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Double Chin Liposuction Fee

+1

Surgical fees will vary greatly throughout the country, and based on the scope of the work. Your range will most likely be $1000 to $3500.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Liposuction to treat a double chin

+1

Liposuction of the fat under the chin (Submental Liposuction) can be quite effective for treating a "double chin". The cost of this surgery usually varies from $2000 to $3000 depending on the amount of time needed and the type of anesthesia used. In my San Francisco Bay Area practice, I have found that the majority of patients tolerate this procedure very well under local anesthesia, with or without mild sedation. Other procedures performed simultaneously for appropriate candidates include chin implant placement and platysmal plication, the tightening of the bands in the neck. Patients who respond best to liposuction of the neck are those who retain a bit of fat under the chin despite being at their ideal weight. 

Dr. Mehta

Umang Mehta, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction cost

+1

In general, one area could cost you anywhere from $1500 to $3000 - of course this varies from surgeon to surgeon.  Also, whether you have your surgery under local or general will change the price a little (general more expensive).  If you are considering chin liposuction, I recommend you see consultation with an experienced surgeon - I'm sure they will be happy to give you a quote.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD