Natrelle 375cc Inspira TRX High Projection Implants? (photo)

Having BA next week. Surgeon has said for me to have above implants. I am a 32a, petite ish frame, 5ft. Slightly worried such high projection implants will look too round / fake. They are being placed above muscle top half and below bottom half. Had a look at some before and after pics and I think this size is maybe too large, I did show surgeon pics of what I wanted to achieve and trust him, but had thought maybe mid / high profile would be better?

Extra High Projection Implants?

+2

I generally find these extra high projecting implants to look unnatural. I only use them in a patient that wants to have really large implants that would otherwise be way to wide for her breast width. Without knowing your breast width this is a guess, but I would favor a smaller implant that is high or moderate plus profile. 

By the way, I would assume the upper part of the implant will be under the muscle, the lower half under the breast. 

You should have another meeting with your surgeon and discuss. Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

Implant Selection Process

+1

Generally speaking, the bigger the implants, the higher the risk of complications.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Natrelle 375cc Inspira TRX High Projection Implants?

+1

Thanks for the questions and before posted photo. You might be confused. The upper part is below the muscle not the lower part. I recommend the "new" Mentor ULTRA HIGH PROFILE in 300 cc range to 320 cc range. 

Which implant size and profile to use

+1

Thank you for your question and the photo. The proper choice of implant is something that creates a fair amount of anxiety for women leading up to their breast augmentation. While there are no absolute right or wrong choices, I will give you my thoughts on the choice.

Breasts always look mod natural after a breast augmentation if the implant choice is based on a three dimensional concept. The width of the implant should be matched to the desired width of your breast. The projection can then be determined based on the shape and fullness of the desired result. The volume becomes almost secondary. 

I tend to use more moderate and moderate plus or midrange profile implants. I think that the high profile implants can make the breasts look overly conical and round - a more implanted look. It is impossible to determine the best implant size for you based on your pictures, but I would ask your surgeon about other implant options and express your concerns.

Best of luck.

Sincerely,

Jeff Rockmore 

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon