Is Natrelle Inspira Round Textured the Best Implant Choice for a Very Thin Woman? (photo)

Hi, I have gone to several surgeons and the range they recommend me is 280cc-310cc. I just want to enhance my figure and I want a natural look, not the fake rounded shape. I am very thin, 32A and would like a full B or small C cup. Is Natrelle Inspira round textured the best choice for me? Or the Mentor Memory Gel would be a better choice? Thanks

Natrelle Inspira Round (Textured or Smooth) is a good choice for you.

+3

The Natrelle Inspira implants are not available in the US and just recently received Health Canada Approval. These have been available and approved in Europe and some other countries since 2006. They are different and in my opinion better than what we have had available before. The cohesive silicone gel filler material can be either a responsive gel (similar to Mentor Memory Gel or Allergan Natrelle TruForm 1Gel used in their Style 10, 15 and 20), or a much more cohesive gel consistent with that used in the Natrelle 410 Soft Touch implant.

The most important step is choosing a qualified Plastic Surgeon who has experience with all devices that they are considering and one who makes you feel confident and understood. The implant base width should be determined by your breast and tissue measurements and without these only general comments can be made. The sizes up to what has been recommended are for you seem suitable. A round implant placed in a sub-pectoral location has many advantages for your body/breast features.

Both Allergan and Mentor make excellent implants. With the addition of the Natrelle Inspira and the Natrelle 410, it is no longer reasonable to suggest that the two companies have product lines that are interchangeable. Texturing is different on these two implant brands and once again has pros and cons. Some Plastic Surgeons have a strong opinion on texturing and for the most part texturing is not commonly used in the US as the implants currently available do have a higher incidence of rippling when texturing is used. For highly cohesive gel devices like the Natrelle Inspira and Natrelle 410, texturing has not increased the rate of problematic rippling and can now be considered when other properties are required. 

Sounds like you are on the right track but need to ask a few more questions to the Plastic Surgeon of your choosing.

Regards,

Dr. Mosher

Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Textured Implants have not benefits and elevate your risk of problems

+2

Hi there-

In my opinion, there is absolutely NO advantage to the use of a textured device in your situation. 

On the other hand, the textured surface will greatly elevate your risks of visible rippling and the ability to feel the implant through your skin.

Modern silicon implants (from either manufacturer) are more likely to give you the natural, lovely result you desire.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Smooth walled round silicone implants give the best most consistent results.

+2

Hi.

1)  As you can see there is disagreement among surgeons, and that is very confusing to women.  I can only tell you what my fairly long experience has been.  Textured implants have no advantages, and several possible complications, such as rippling and flipping around.  Most plastic surgeons use  smooth implants.

2)  300 cc's may be a little large for what you want.  It is best for the surgeon to make the final decision during surgery, after using sterile sizers.  Then there is no guess work and you will have a natural looking result.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Implant Choice

+2

As long as you use a round smooth implant I think you will probably have a nice result regardless of which manufacturer you use.  The round smooth implant can give a very natural augmentation as long as you do not go too big.  Textured implants will be firmer and have a greater chance of noticeable rippling.  I used to use a lot of textured implants 15 years ago but now in my practice I recommend them for no one.  

Gary Hall,MD

Gary Hall, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Choosing the right implant

+2
Both Natrelle and Mentor implants provide implants of excellent quality, durability, and of various sizes and shapes. What is more important than focusing on the exact type of implant p, size, and shape, is choosing an experienced plastic surgeon who can show you his before and after gallery that you like. Looking at the picture you posted I notice your breasts look vertically long but with a narrow width and sizeable space between them. When choosing an implant who's diameter is greater that the width of your breast will likely result in a visible distinction between the implant and natural breast tissue. I would be careful to avoid trying improve your cleavage by using a larger/wider implant who's medial border would extend past the medial border of your natural breasts. Sincerely, Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Mentor vs. natrelle

+2

Both implant manufactures make implants that have similar sizes and shapes. The rate of implant rupture is also about the same. So in my opinion one company's product is not superior to the other. There are subtle differences that may be more of an issue to a surgeon that a patient. I would use either if handed to me.

Michael Hueneke, MD

Breast Implant Size?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Communication with your plastic surgeon will be key to achieving the results you are looking for. Unfortunately, the use of words such as “I really want a natural look" means different things to different people. In other words, what you consider to be natural may not be what your plastic surgeon considers to be natural looking.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

In my practice I use goal pictures to communicate with patients.  With this technique patients are able to demonstrate what they are trying to achieve and what type of looks they do not like as well. 
I also use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 

Generally, your choice of surgeon will be a more important factor in determining the end result than the specific type of implant used.  I personally  prefer smooth implants for most patients.

By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

I hope this helps.

Textured implants not the answer

+1

There is no advantage to textured implants in your case and you will probably will want to maintain smooth round implants. Both Mentor and Natrelle make good implants so an in person exam and consultation will determine the appropriate size and profile for you. Consult with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to explore your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Augmentation below the muscle is better; smooth round below the muscle is preferred.

+1

Textured implants are best when your surgeon is "forced" (by anatomy, prior surgery, or patient specifics) to go above the muscle, as the texture may help to minimize the potential for capsular contracture. Positioning the implants behind the breast may expose the implant surface to bacterial contamination from the breast ducts, and lead to a higher risk of capsular contracture. That is why the majority of plastic surgeons now utilize a submuscular approach for most (not all) patients.

I too agree that implants by either implant manufacturer are excellent. I would, however, recommend smooth round implants placed behind the muscle, regardless of manufacturer. Profile is determined by your desired size, and your own breast base measurements.

For more information, read the link below. Good luck and best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon