What Can I Do About my Very Uneven Face?

the whole left side is lower than the right side. from the eyes nostrols to the lips even. I have used fillers to try to even out my lips. I am considering a nose job but what about the rest? :/

Facial Asymmetry?

+1

Most people have differences of their face from the left to the right side. There are multiple options to improve asymmetries depending on the anatomic location, extent of the asymmetry, and the pros and cons of each procedure.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Diagnosis of uneven face

+1

You seem to have many concerns. Do you have a nerve issue, volume issue or ageing issue? Without a proper exam it is not possible to determine the cause or predict a treatment with any degree of certainty. The anatomy of the face is very complex and even more challenging is that the structure is different with every changing facial expression. You will get a  real solution by visiting with a board certified plastic surgeon. Most offer free or low cost consultations.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Fat Grafting for Facial Asymmetry

+1

Fat grafting or filler can be used to improve facial asymmetry to some degree.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Facial assymetry correctable by fat grafting

+1

Many stars have facial assymetry. Tom Cruise is an example. Linda Evangelista is the top model of the decade and she actually has such assymetry she can be so flexible she can fit into any photo shoot.Fat grafting is the easiest and best way to correct assymetry.An expert can work with a computer and do amazing things

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Asymmetry

+1

Asymmetry between the two halves of the face is normal.  Without a photo, it is difficult to guide you further.  However, your options may include fillers, implants, and/or fat grafting.  Consult with 2 - 3 surgeons in your area who can provide you with a thorough consultation including physical examination to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Uneven Face Cosmetic Procedures

+1

It is very common to have a difference between the two sides of the face based on bone structure as the foundation. In my practice, I’ve compensated for this asymmetry with volume enhancement as well as by compensating for this difference in surgery. Meet with a qualified and experienced Cosmetic Surgeon to learn about your options.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

One side of the face is sunken

+1

On some people, one side of the face is significantly smaller or more sunken then the other - usually a result of asymmetries of the facial skeleton. Options include augmentation of the smaller side in a stepwise approach:

1. Injectable fillers

2. Facial fat grafting

3. Facial implants

You should consult with a facial cosmetic surgeon knowledgeable in these 3 approaches and discuss your options with their pros and cons.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

What options are available to improve facial asymmetry?

+1

What options are available to improve facial asymmetry? First off, ALL of our faces are asymmetric, to some degree. Obviously some faces are more asymmetric and others require closer inspection to detect more subtle asymmetries. What you describe is totally normal.

Fillers (hyaluronic acid, Radiesse, Sculptra) can be used to change soft tissue volume and camouflage underlying bony asymmetry. Surgery such as a facelift, browlift of blepharoplasty can also be used to change soft tissue asymmetry.

However, an important point that I always discuss with rhinoplasty patients is that a rhinoplasty can straighten the nose but it will not change the underlying asymmetry of the remainder of the facial skeleton. You would benefit from an in person consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to determine how much rhinoplasty will improve the areas of your face that concern you. A consultation will allow you to discuss whether you would be better served for minimally invasive treatments to balance your facial symmetry, surgery or both.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

What to do about an uneven face?

+1

Everyone has an uneven face. Yours certainly doesn't look excessively so. That said, one side of everyone's face is usually smaller than the other. Your small side is your right side. This starts in the bony structure of your face. Look at the various TV anchor personalities. Some are very asymmetrical. Most people don't notice.

But, what can you do about it? Fillers are a good start to see if you like the result. If you do, you can advance to fat transfer or even various implants.  Be sure you consult someone very experience in correcting minimal problems such as yours. Otherwise, you may end up with a result less attractive than your present look, which is very attractive.

E. Ronald Finger, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon