Mentalis Strain & bulbous nose advice

Hi all, I am a 26 year old female looking for advice for improving my nose and chin area. The two main areas of concern are my chin (mentalis strain) and Nose (Bulbous tip). I have often noticed in my photos and in the mirror my chin muscle is asymmetrical and the mentalis muscle seems  to be protruding asymmetrically and pebbles slightly( see pictures -side profile). I went to a cosmetic surgeon about both my nose and chin when I was 18 and was advised botox for my chin. However i would liked to steer clear from botox if possible. I was told the  procedure for my nose would  consist of removing cartilage from the interior of my nose in a 45 min operation under local. As you can see from the photo my nose is bulbous at the tip end. My eyes are quite close set so hoping that the nose job would balance my facial features out a lot more and my chin would give me a more symmetrical defined look. Could my mentalis strain be correct with jaw surgery as i have a 4mm overbite, and often get very bad joint ache in my jaw. I would be grateful for advice on costs, procedure suggestions and the any risks involved. I can give more detail if required. Many Thanks :)  

Mentalis Pebbling and Bulbous Nasal Tip

+1

Botox is the easiest and least invasive method for improving dimpling of the chin.  The nose can be manipulated to almost any extent and reducing a bulbous tip can be performed in closed fashion.   Both of these can be done for about $7000 or so.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Bulbous tip and mentalis strain

+1

THe bulbous tip is an easy correstion for an expert.In many cases the mentalis bunching is correctable by a chin implant. f you need prthodonture or orthognathic surgery you must see a doctor that specializes in that

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Jaw Surgery and Rhinoplasty

+1

It sounds like you may have a recessive jaw that may make it difficult to close your lips easily (mentalis strain).  Your recessive chin may make your nose like a bit larger.  I would recommend you see a plastic surgeon that has experience with orthognathic (jaw) surgery or see an oral surgeon about your jaw and a plastic surgeon about your nose.  Your jaw surgery if necessary should be performed first this will change the relative appear of your nose.  Then the nose should be evaluated for treatment if necessary.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Nose boulbous and chin may be corrected simoultaneously

+1

bulbous nose tip can be corrected by alar resection plus alar thigtininng, elongation by internal unremovible sutures.

chin  can be  corrected by a normal  chin implant

costs:$ between 4 and 5,500 usd

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Mentalis strain

+1

To determine the status of your mentalis muscle one would need to view a frontal and side view at rest and with exertion of the muscle.With regards to your nose asal photos are also necessary for any evaluation.

Jay M. Pensler, MD