Why Does My Neck Look Worse After My First Treatment of Fraxel Yesterday?

I just had my first treatment of fraxel yesterday on my neck and dont see any improvement yet, I think my neck got worst, can the skin could get looser that what it was ? I had a neckfacelift 5 years ago and my face is ok but my neck is kind of saggy thats why I decide to start the laser treatment, what do you recomend?

+1

As with many procedures, the treated area often looks worse before it looks better. The treated area is often red and swollen. Brown sun freckles in the treated ares may look darker, before they flake off. The texture of the skin may feel like sandpaper for several 7-10 days. Not to worry, after a treatment series patients are generally pleased with the improvement of the texture, color and  overall appearance of the treated area(s).

Dr. Lori Stetler

Dallas Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel results

+1

You are likely swollen after a Fraxel treatment yesterday and may feel more loose.  The swelling will subside and you should see improvements over the next few months.  Fraxel Dual and Restore require mutliple treatments to see the full effect. So, relax...it should get better!  Fraxel does give some tightening, but works well on skin texture and pigmentation.  If you don't see the response that you had expected, you may need to see a surgeon to weigh your options between another surgery or skin tightening procedure, like Ultherapy.

Angela Sturm, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel takes months and does not "tighten" skin

+1

1) fraxel takes months to accomplish its improvements, not days. if it's the fraxel restore, multiple treatments are also required. you are only one day after treatment so certainly nothing to be concerned about.

2) fraxel improves skin quality and scarring, as well as evening out tone color and texture. it doesn't tighten skin. five years out from a facelift, you might need more surgery to get what you need, but ultherapy might be something to consider depending upon severity.

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel skin remodeling takes weeks to months- not hours

+1

Fraxel technology creates tiny microscopic zones of thermal injury which over time will remodel the skin leaving smoother, healthier and younger looking skin. The process does not occur overnight and the company actually recommends 3 or more treatments, spaced several weeks apart, for maximum results. 

Based on the thermal injury you may have some swelling in the first few days after the treatment. This is normal and will go down over time.

Nicole E. Rogers, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist