Can Fraxel Cause Volume Loss in Face and Sometimes Ruin Your Skin Permanently?

HI,i had fraxel laser few days ago,and the reaction it's basically normal cause i was red and now it's little less! i'm just very scared cause i was touched reading some of the reviews online,and my main concern is to have volume loss on my face and to ruin my texture! this is my first treatment and the doctor he suggested me two more fraxel!i try to keep my skin as wet as possible, to keep hydrating my skin with repairing lotion(i'm using CICAPLAST by LAROCHE POSAY-IS IT a correct product?)

Impact of Fraxel Laser on Skin

+1

Thank you for your question. There are several lasers that can help with acne scarring, including Fraxel. This laser helps stimulate collagen, thereby improving texture.  Sometimes an individual may need some volumizer due to the natural aging process and even after a Fraxel treatment.  There are many fillers that can volumize and just depends on the area being treated.  Be certain to be under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns and outline the best and safest treatment plan for you. I hope this helps!

Bay Area Dermatologist

Fraxel RE:Store will not cause volume loss

+1

Fraxel Re:store is a very safe laser and does not go deep enough into the skin to affect fat or cause volume loss. In fact just the opposite is true - it often results in some mild tightening of the skin, giving the appearance of enhanced volume. The only way it can cause texture problems is by operator error,resulting in over-heating the skin,causing blistering and slow wound healing. This is very rare, but it is important that you choose a Dermatologist who is experienced with these treatments.As you mention , hydrating the skin while healing is very important

Richard Fitzpatrick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

#FRaxel for face

+1

Fraxel is a great laser treatment for facial rejuvenation but it is only a machine. and it is only as good as the operator/doctor using that machine. it is a great device but in inexperienced hands it can cause significant disfigurement which can be permanent. I get emails from all over the country on a daily basis where patients didnt have the predicted outcome and now they have significant scarring. I tell everyone, chose your doctor wisely.

Misbah Khan, MD