My Sister Just Had a Breast Reduction 5 Days Ago and is Hearing Water Like Sounds in Her Breast. Is This Normal? (photo)

My sister just had a breast reduction 5 days ago and is hearing water like sounds in her breast. She does not have implants and is very concerned. Is this normal?

Water Sounds after Breast Reduction

+1

Sloshing sounds after breast reduction and other surgeries are often normal and are from fluids such as irrigation, serum, local anesthesia.They usually resolve in the next week or so. When in doubt have your surgeon make sure that you are healing normally.

My Sister Just Had a Breast Reduction 5 Days Ago and is Hearing Water Like Sounds in Her Breast. Is This Normal?

+1

Best to see the operative surgeon asap to determine if she is having an issue in healing. Best to her. 

Breast Reduction and Hearing Sounds?

+1

Congratulate your sister on having undergone the breast reduction procedure AND  for having a concerned sister.  Based on the picture, her plastic surgeon has done a nice job for her.

It is not unusual for patients to hear a variety of sounds after breast surgery. There may be a small fluid accumulation that may produce “sloshing” sounds when your sister moves. For more accurate advice and to rule out a fluid accumulation that should be drained, your sister should follow-up with your plastic surgeon.