Bras After Breast Reduction?

Recently reduced to a 36D. I am approaching 6 weeks post op and looking for a sports bra. I do a lot of high impact exercising and this bra will be utilized for that as well as a work bra. I normally use the champion powerback but it has underwire and I have heard not to use underwire because of the incisions. Please help my doctor has made no recommendations.

Safe to use underwire bra 6 weeks after breast reduction.

A month after surgery, the breast tissue and the skin are really quite solidly healed and an under wire bra will do no harm.

Support on breasts after reduction

If you are considering to resume your high impact sports  after 6 weeks from surgery means you are recovering very well and all went according to plan and I would l like to congratulate you. 

The advise I give my patients following  breast reduction is to wear a comfortable but supportive bra 24/7 for the first 4 weeks, followed by 5 days/week afterwards for further 2 months.With regards to underwired bras, I advise to wear one when required by a special occasion for no longer than 2 hours and after removing the wire. 

Andrea Marando, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Bra after Breast Reduction?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure; hopefully you  enjoy  the significant benefits that most patients report. In regards to bras,  I think you will do well with any soft, supportive bra that does not irritate or apply direct pressure to healing incision lines.  You will probably be best off trying a few ( as opposed to online shopping).  I also recommend my patients not spend a lot of money at this point,  given that breast size/shape will continue to change for many months after surgery.

Bras after breast reduction

I usually recommend a loose fitting bra initially.  Recently I  met a women who owns a company called Body Rock Sport. She makes great bras for reductions/augmentations and mastectomy. Check it out and see what you think. Check with your doctor to make sure it is OK.