Bras After Breast Reduction?

Recently reduced to a 36D. I am approaching 6 weeks post op and looking for a sports bra. I do a lot of high impact exercising and this bra will be utilized for that as well as a work bra. I normally use the champion powerback but it has underwire and I have heard not to use underwire because of the incisions. Please help my doctor has made no recommendations.

Safe to use underwire bra 6 weeks after breast reduction.

+1

Hi.

A month after surgery, the breast tissue and the skin are really quite solidly healed and an under wire bra will do no harm.

Support on breasts after reduction

+1

If you are considering to resume your high impact sports  after 6 weeks from surgery means you are recovering very well and all went according to plan and I would l like to congratulate you. 

The advise I give my patients following  breast reduction is to wear a comfortable but supportive bra 24/7 for the first 4 weeks, followed by 5 days/week afterwards for further 2 months.With regards to underwired bras, I advise to wear one when required by a special occasion for no longer than 2 hours and after removing the wire. 

Andrea Marando, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Bra after Breast Reduction?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure; hopefully you  enjoy  the significant benefits that most patients report. In regards to bras,  I think you will do well with any soft, supportive bra that does not irritate or apply direct pressure to healing incision lines.  You will probably be best off trying a few ( as opposed to online shopping).  I also recommend my patients not spend a lot of money at this point,  given that breast size/shape will continue to change for many months after surgery.

Bras after breast reduction

+1

I usually recommend a loose fitting bra initially.  Recently I  met a women who owns a company called Body Rock Sport. She makes great bras for reductions/augmentations and mastectomy. Check it out and see what you think. Check with your doctor to make sure it is OK.