Is my nose too large for my face? (Photo)

I like the front view of my nose but can't stand the profile view. I think its too tall, and there is a bump in the bridge that is very ugly. I just wan to make it smaller and more of a strait line on the top. Thanks for your help

Is my nose too large for my face?

+1

It is possible to improve the appearance of the profile with rhinoplasty surgery. I would recommend a consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He or she may use computer imaging software to morph a photo of you, which will give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. This serves as a fantastic communication tool between you and your prospective surgeon. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Nose and Facial Proportions

+1

Removing the hump and lowering your nasal profile will improve facial proportions by decreasing the prominence of your nose. Make sure that you are very clear about how much will be removed. Relatively little should be taken; I suggest a defined feminine profile, not a scooped out contour.

A Great Rhinoplasty Will Help Your Nose Balance Your Other Attractive Facial Features

+1

You hit the nail on the head when you asked if your nose is too large for your face. The overall effect of a rhinoplasty is not just to make your nose look better (although it does), but if done well, makes all of the features on your face look better. A "great" nose balances the rest of the features on your face making you much more attractive overall. The next time you look at a photo of someone who has a great nose you'll realize that you aren't looking at their nose at all, instead you notice their eyes, chin, cheeks, or lips. A nose that is the right size makes all of the other parts of the face look better. In your case, a nose that is a bit smaller and more refined will make the rest of your features "pop" in photos. A consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does computer imaging as a routine part of their consultation process will not only give you an idea of what your new nose will look like, but will also show you how much more you will notice the other really attractive features on your face. Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

Hello!! I reviewed your photos and your expectations. You are a beautiful face. Yes I would straighten the bridge of the nose and remove the bump and define the tip and remove some fat from the tip. The best results are very subtle and no one will realize that you had a Rhinoplasty. Your nose will be more balanced to your overall face.

It is important to wait until you are at least 18 years of age as the face is still developing.

Alfonso Gonzalez Cepeda, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for large projecting nose

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure and can involve shaving down the dorsal hump which is composed of both cartilage and bone. Shaving down the projection of the nose will also give the illusion of the being less large. Osteotomies will be required of the nasal bones. The bulbous tip is addressed with a combination of suturing techniques and cartilage removal to refine and narrow the tip. Form many examples, please see the link below to our rhinoplasty photo gallery.

Is my nose too large for my face?

+1

The profile view can be improved with a hump reduction. The front view does not have to be altered to any significant degree.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Considering Rhinoplasty

+1

Finesse rhinoplasty is a term used to describe rhinoplasty performed for minor imperfections, such as a slight bump or slightly wide tip only. In these cases a detailed consultation is required, along with computer imaging to make certain you will be happy with the change, and your goals will be met. Consult with an experienced, board certified facial plastic surgeon. Good Luck.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty design considerations for young women

+1

You have an attractive face with nice facial features. The shape and projection of your nose is good - you do have a mild dorsal 'hump' which could be reduced to improve the appearance of your nose.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Nose too large...?

+1

The decision to undergo rhinoplasty is a very personal one. What concerns one person may not concern someone else. That being said, I think your observations and requests are certainly reasonable and achievable. If you do decide to have a rhinoplasty, I would seek out a surgeon who specializes in facial aesthetic surgery and more specifically, rhinoplasty. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

A. Joshua Zimm, MD

Rhinoplasty to reduce the size of nose.

+1

A conservative rhinoplasty will reduce the size of your nose to make it more harmonious with the rest of your face. This should be done in a conservative fashion so as not to end up with an operated look. Choose a very experienced surgeon for this and you should be very happy