Are my areolas too big/can I fix them? (photo)

I'm 19 and constantly disgusted with my breasts, and people say they're fine but I'm self conscious about how large my areolas are. I'm super thin and I've never been heavy, so I'm not sure why they're so huge and why my boobs are so saggy. One is also noticeably larger than the other. They are a lot smaller when my nipples are erect, but I still hate them. Is this something that can be fixed on a college student's budget?

BBA

+1
You have no reason to be self conscious.  Your areola do appear larger than average, but that doesn't mean you should be embarrassed or self conscious.  Breasts come in a variety of shapes and sizes.  If you want to reduce your areola size, there are simple surgical techniques to do this.

Correcting large areolae

+1
Dear That's Life, Yes, your areolae can indeed be reduced. Whether the cost is in your college student budget is another story. See an American Board of Plastic Surgery board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation and cost estimate. Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Ultimate Breast Lift(TM)

+1

Your areolas are too big and your breasts are sagging too low. You would benefit from a new technique called The Ultimate Breast LiftTM. This technique uses a circumareola incision and inframammary incision to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection without implants. This technique avoids to ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed. The areolas can be adjusted to the size you desire. This procedure takes 4 hours and costs approximately $10,000.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Concerns over areola and laxity

+1

You can certainly benefit from reducing your areola and with your 'droop' would suggest a mastopexy at the same time so that your chest would better match your age. Understand the benefits are not permanent and will degrade over time and if you should get pregnant. As for the budget, you may have to ask the surgeon if their office finances or if you can make some other arrangements. It is also possible your procedure could be done in the office under local which would save your considerably.

Curtis Wong, MD

Areolar reduction

+1

Your photos do indicate that your areolae are somewhat enraged, and there are several options for you. You can have them reduced as a standalone procedure or part of a breast lift either with or without implants. In either event, reducing them does email scars and you need to determine if the scars are worthwhile for you. Go on a few consults with some plastic surgeos and ask hem to show you photos of other omen similar to you.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Areola reduction

+1

I suggest an areola reduction to make them smaller and rounder, I also suggest tyhe placement of a small implant to enhance your breast size and have a more natural look.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Is it Possible to Have a Reduction in Areola Size

+1

If you are unhappy with the size of your areola and your breast shape, it is absolutely possible to make a change. That does not mean that your breasts "abnormal," only that you would like them to be different. Make sure you select a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Simple areola reduction

+1

The most important part is that you are not comfortable with the size of your areola. That can definitely be fixed with a simple reduction of the diameter to a 3.5 to 4 cm wide areola. This will leave a scar around it and will also achieve some lift of the breast

Allan Ceballos, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with areola reduction is a good option for saggy breasts with large areola

+1

Thank you for your question. Your breasts are perfectly normal however I do see the large areola and sagging that bothers you.

A combination of breast lift with areola reduction and possibly small breast implants is a good option to correct the problems that are bothering you. Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in cosmetic breast surgery, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Areolar Reduction

+1

Thank you for your photo. The size of your areolas can be reduced and equalized with surgery. This would be a perioareolar lift.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS