Can Alma Laser's New ClearLift Really Help my 62 Yr. Old Face and Jaw/neckline?

how do I find out what doctors in my area perform it . Has anyone had it done? How Long Does It Last and How Much Does It Cost?

Laser Lifts?

+1

There is no noninvasive procedure that will produce the results of a facelift in patients with laxity of the tissue at the jaw and neckline. While there may be some improvement of skin complexion and very fine lines, you need to be very realistic about what will not be achieved.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Jaw and Neck Line Improvement

+1

If you post pictures, I could probably tell you if this would be worthwhile for you.  Any degree of tissue ptosis will be better treated with face and neck lift.  The device will not treat the platysma, the SMAS or the fatty deposits.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com

Laser Face Lift

+1

Thank you for your question about using the Alma Laser ClearLift for a face lift.

• This laser is a Q-switched 1064 nm non-ablative laser. It can tighten loose skin - not loose muscle or deep tissue - in a series of 6 or more treatments.
  • It is best for very thin skin. Poor for thick skin. You need 6 or more.
  • Unless your only problem is skin wrinkling, a surgical face lift is better.
  • For all the marketing, I found NO research about how long it lasts. For similar lasers, effect last about a year. Hope this helps! 

62 year-old face neck jawline

+1

The aging process in the neck includes jowling and inelastic skin in both the face and the neck area. Fatty deposits are also present in the neck above and below the platysma muscle. The anterior platysmal muscle cords also start to become more prominent. A comprehensive face neck lift can address tightening skin, neck muscles and removal of the fatty deposits  in the neck to improve the jawline. A laser or tightening device will not be able to accomplish what a facelift can do. 

Web reference: http://seattle-facelift.com

Non-invasive Procedures Not Yet As Effective as Surgery

+1

The neck and jawline is one of the most challengin areas of the face to address. Non-invasive treatments such as the alma laser are unlikely to give you a result that you desire.  You are better off saving for a surgical procedure.

All the best.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Laser clear lift??

+1

The short answer is no. ... The longer answer is that if you post a picture, I can let you know what will work for you. 

The answer is subjective.

+1

In part the answer also depends on price point.  You are likely to have some help.  Will you feel like it was worthwhile?  This may depend on what you paid and your expectations.  These treatments are not facelifts.  On the other hand there is minimal down time.  It is good to remember that the very best results end up in the before and after marketing pictures.  A very modest improvement is realistic.

Lasers do not really "lift" but they can "shrink"

+1

I have used lasers for over 30 years including all the varieties of very invasive types.  I continue to work with them including the new fractionated lasers.

If there is really excess skin and displaced underlying fat, they do not give the effect of a face lift.

However they can be combined with fillers and liposuction to create results that in some patients do approach a facelift.

Your best answer is to see a plastic surgeon that has skills in all the surgical options as well as lasers.  You then will know what may be best for your situation. 

Dr. Mayl

Fort Lauderdale

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Clear lift

+1

Never heard of the clear lift, so you can be sure there is nothing so revolutionary or fantastic about it. Stick with a surgeon who has a good reputation and go with the tried and true, otherwise, you are setting yourself up for a dissappointment.

Web reference: http://edelsonplastic.com/face/facelift/