Does the Trademarked 'LazerLift' Really Work?

How about as just an alternative for a woman in her 40's that only needs a mini facelift, or not quite even that yet.

I worry about someone who cannot spell "Laser" properly, or is it that they're marketing to patients who can't spell?

+2

Of course, I know it's just about marketing, and "cute" names are ways of getting around trademark restrictions, but still, you get the idea that this is more about hype than science. "Laser" anything still seems to make people think they are getting the latest, greatest, and "up-to-datest" technology around, but do you think my facelift procedure should be called the "Tholen PowerLift?" or, maybe the "EternoLift?" Or, how about "The Fountain of Youth Lift?" Probably not the latter; Ponce de Leon probably trademarked that one! Will the "name" make my procedure better, or my patients' happiness greater? Doubtful.

I'm sorry to be so sarcastic and dismissive, especially since the LazerLift was featured on such a renowned and peer-reviewed scientific venue as "The Doctors" TV show, but this "trademarked operation" is simply using a laser fiber to try to melt fat and tighten skin via tiny incisions. Shrinkage and elasticity are required to achieve any kind of improvement at all, and if you look at LazerLift before and after photographs, the improvements are visible, but overall, these are still pretty marginal results by my standards.

If I were to see you, I'd tell you what works, when it is worthwhile to undergo a real surgical procedure (even with minimal risks and downtime, all surgery is still surgery, even a "mini" lift or this "LazerLift"), and offer what is liable to give the best and lasting results. Then you can decide if you're ready.

I understand you're early in the process, and may not "need" a full facelift. Please understand that even a mini facelift uses some incisions, requires some anesthesia (and minimal but real risks), and has a recovery period, just as the "LazerLift" does. Any time patients try to get "something" for less (less surgery, fewer incisions, less scarring, less recovery, less cost or downtime, etc.), what USUALLY happens is that they end up getting less for more (cost, recovery, pain, etc.) because of course you're paying for this "cutting edge" "trademarked" "featured on the Doctors" procedure!

There are snake oil salemen even among surgeons; please see only ABPS-certified plastic surgeons, and realize that there may even be a few "headline grabbers" and "hype-marketers" among us. A real plastic surgeon wants to be known for being good, not for the slickness of his/her marketing! For several examples of my ("standard" "no-name") facelift patients (each of whom underwent dual-plane SMAS facelift procedures including platysmaplasty and submental fat excision as required) at various ages and severity of "need," please click on the web reference below. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/photogallery/facelift-rhytidectomy-5864

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Lazerlift will work, if you have the components it addresses

+2

Neurotica: If you have excess fat deposits of the face and neck, Lazerlift may be effective.  The extent of skin tightening which the laser treatment can offer may not however be what you envisage, so have a clear idea or define what you would like to accomplish for your investment of money, down time and expectation. Since restoration of facial volume with dermal fillers is appropriate for women of your age, liposuction of facial fat is rarely appropriate, except in the neck.  Personally, I have had better experience with Ulthera, which delivers microfocused ultrasound to the deeper layers of the facial SMAS (muscles of facial expression) and to the intervening fibers.  The net result of collagen stimulation is to lift, nonsurgically, without damaging fat.  Consider other options.

Lazerlift vs Fillers or Botox of Minifacelift

+1

Without pictures or an exam, it is difficult to give any advice.  This treatment can help with improvement in skin quality but produces less than a dramatic lift.  It is not without risk as well such as burns, etc.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com

Lazerlift

+1

It depends on what laser is being used to treat which problem. There are so many different lasers used for a variety of conditions. Some work well, some are a dissappointment, and some laser treatments are not particularly easy recoveries. The loose use of the term Lazerlift to me implies that it's true use is being cloaked in mystery for the sake of trying to make it seem like magic. Trust me, there is no magic out there, but many good sales gimmicks. I wish I thought of it!

Web reference: http://edelsonplastic.com/face/facelift/

Lasers are part of the answer

+1

A laser treatment treatment can certainly be helpful for a woman in your age range. Of course the results are dependent both on your individual face and signs of aging as well as the laser being used. Our faces age in several ways, there is a loss of volume, ptosis (drooping) of the underlying tissues, and changes to the skin. A laser, such as the fractional CO2 laser can certainly rejuvenate the skin by removing age spots and stimulating collagen production. Of course the laser will not address the other mentioned aspects of aging. So again, a laser can result in some nice rejuvenating effects but it is not the total answer. 

Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lazer Lift Worth It?

+1

Thank you for your LazerLift question. You pay more for any trademarked procedure - trademarks cost money. It is my last choice for you. Consider -
• A series of Fraxel or ND:Yag laser treatments to slightly tighten the skin.
• A CO2 laser ablation if skin is badly lined and deeply wrinkled. Not good for thin or pigmented skin.
Prescription skin care and skin peels help a lot, often dramatically.
• Hope this helps!

Laser lifts

+1

Laser lifts are not very dependable and have minimal and short-term results as they don’t address the most important aging layer of the face - the muscle and fascia

Laser face lift

+1

The laser is a simple cutting tool they can be used to perform her a variety of surgical procedures. It  is not the best tool to perform a facelift with.  Probably best to wait until your really ready to do a facelift, and look for a surgeon who has who has lots of experience

Web reference: http://seattle-facelift.com

LazerLift or Facelift?

+1

Dear Neurotica,  Without  photos it is very difficult to give you any valid advice.  While the age of the patient is important in deciding what procedure/treatment would be best for her/him, age is only one part of the formula.  

Regarding trademarked, copyrighted, or other similarly marketed procedures, my advice is simple.  Most are just marketing tools to try and make their technique seem somehow different than other procedures.  Be vary and don't choose based on the exciting name or logo.  Select based on the results you see in before and after results when you consult with your board-certified plastic surgeon.  Remember; the marketing directors never sleep!

Please send us some photos and the doctors can better help you select the treatments that may be best for you.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Mini-Facelift for Lady in 40's

+1

I need to see pictures of your face and neck to recommend alternative treatments for normal aging in a young lady like yourself. There are typical changes as we all age, but many variables such as weight, skin type, etc. determine the best approach.