Six Months After Full Face Lift and Eyes Surgery...

I did my full face lift and eyes lift surgery 6 months ago in KL. Happy with the results. I went to see my surgeon 4 months ago to make sure everything was right, andasked my GP. People say I'm looking fresher than before.. But, from the inside my skin face and neck I still have some questions: -Why I still feeling tight around my face, ears and neck? -What happened inside, sometime feel itch and a bit puffy still on my face? -When all this will be gone? -What I must do and don't?.. Thx

Tightness and itching "relax" after facelifts

+4

Facelifts work by resuspending the tissues under the skin - with the anchoring sutures around the ears and back of the neck.  That is why these areas feel "tight" for up to a year after surgery.  Lifting the skin also interrupts nerves and vessels, which have to grow back.  This process can feel "tingly or itchy" for 6-12 months as well.  The skin may also feel dry.  All of this is normal and you don't have to do anything special - other than relax and enjoy the results which you seem to be pleased with overall.

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Still tight a t 6 months, sounds good to me

+4

the maturation of scars can take up to two years. the "internal" scars are no different. this doesn't mean you will feel tight for two years though, and If I were a betting man I 'd guess in 3 months you feel almost normal. good luck

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Tightness after facelift...

+4

It is normal to experience tightness and numbness after a facelift.  After your skin is elevated your surgeon used sutures to tighten the muscles and may have put a "sling" in for a tighter and smoother appearance of the neck.  Excess skin was removed and sutured around the ear area.  It is natural with any healing process to have some itchiness for about a year, but it will get better.  Most swelling will be gone in about 6 months, but there may be some numbness for a year.  If you have any other concerns I would contact your surgeon.

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Palm beach facelift surgery

+4

It is normal to experience a sensation of tightness and some of the other symptoms you are experiencing after a facelift and eyelid surgery. you did the right thing by seeing your doctor to confirm that all was well. some patients just take longer than others to completely heal from those unusual sensations that you are experiencing. If you were my patient and felt you needed further reassurance, i would recommend getting a second opinion from another facelift surgeon.

Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Puffy 4 months after face Lift

+4

Traditional Face Lifts can feel tight, look puffy, have numbness or pinching sensations under the skin.  Tightness is because the SMAS was tightened and skin was removed to make things tight...this will loosen and feel less tight over time, typically about 1 year.  Puffiness is residual swelling that can last 6-12 months.  Time will take care of all of these issues and you don't need to do anything, IMHO.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Tightness after facelift surgery

+4

Mrs. Ho, Many of the symptoms you describe are normal.  The tightness could be from sutures used to tighten the muscles under the skin along with some of the normal healing that is still taking place especially around the ears, in front of the ears and along the jaw line.  The itching is from nerves regrowing into the skin and some swelling is still to be expected.  It may take a year, sometimes longer, for all of these changes to pass.  Massage and applying pressure to the tight areas may make it feel more loose.   I am optomistic that these changes will pass and you will be left with a great result.  Dr. Loury

Fort Collins Facial Plastic Surgeon

Still Tight 4 months after a Facelift

+4

I believe that a well done face lift will take quite a while for things such as tightness and itching to fade  away. I have seen settling down occur as soon as 4-5 months, and as long as 14 -18 months. If done well a lot of sutures were placed to elevate the deeper tissues. Little nerve endings will continue to grow back into your skin for up to 18 months. I agree external ultrasound is helpful. you look great.

Reno Plastic Surgeon

Healing takes much longer than we often realize.

+4

Ho

Initial healing from this type of surgery may only take 6 to 8 weeks before other stop asking questions about your surgery.  However, the actual time frame for healing is much more like 2 years.  The issues you describe experiencing including the transient swelling, itchness, and sensation of tightness are exactly issues that take the longest to resolve.  These are normal sensations that will diminish with more times.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com

Tightness and itching after facelift

+3

Dear Ms. Ho,

The tightness, itching, and occasional puffiness are to be expected with a faceilft.  While the outside my appear fresh and the incisions have begun to fade, there is a lot of healing that is occuring on the inside.  As long as you don't feel too tight, you should be fine and these symptoms that you are having should resolve with time.  Itching and other feelings that we call paraesthesias will also fade with time.  Many of my facelift patients experience the same types of symptoms.  Good luck.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tightness and paresthesias after facelift

+3

The symptoms you describe are normal with both the tightness and unusual sensations.  These should disappear over time and may last up to a year.  Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.