Mommy Makeover and Weight Loss. What to Expect for Final Results?

I am 5'2 and weight 145 i have changed my diet and exercising for the last eight month and lost 10 pounds and haven't been able to lose anymore weight. If i went ahead and did a mommy makeover would it mess up my results if after i was able to lose 10 or 20 lbs?

Slight Weight Losses And Tummy Tucks

+2
At 5'2" and 145 pounds, you are overweight but certainly not obese.  A good tummy tuck should remove the excess skin between the top of your belly button and 1" below the top of your pubic hair.  A face to face, hands on evaluation of your abdomen would tell any Board Certified Plastic Surgeon experienced in Mommy Makeovers whether you are a good candidate for a full tummy tuck.  If you are, in fact, a good candidate, then this skin resection and associated muscle repair should give your stomach a very tight, youthful appearance and feel.  A weight loss of 10 pounds after this should have little effect on the final result. 
More than likely, your plastic surgeon will also suction out your hips (muffin tops).  This plus the skin resection on your abdomen should give you about a 5 pound weight loss.  Your improved appearance and consequent improved self-esteem should break loose the logjam preventing you from losing that last 10-15 pounds. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Losing weight before a mommy makeover

+2

I would recommend going ahead with your surgery.  I tell my mommy makeover patients that they should wait to have surgery if they're planning a 50 pound or more weight loss.  Good luck! 

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Mommy Makeover

+2

There are a lot of variables with a Mommy Makeover and how patients bodies respond to weight loss.  In general I would agree that if you are planning on loosing 20 more pounds I would do that first before considering surgery.  The weight loss probably would not hurt the results of the abdominal component of the surgery but may give significant changes to the breasts.

Sincerely,

Gary Hall,MD

Gary Hall, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss and Mommy Makeover.

+2

Thank you for your question.  A small amount of weight change shouldn't make a big difference. If you plan on losing more than 20 pounds, then I would recommend waiting until your weight is stable for 3- 6 months for best results and predictable results.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

+1
It is best if you lost the weight before surgery.  Once that is done, the best contouring can be accomplished.

For more information, please go to my website at:
WirthPlasticSurgery.com

Garrett A. Wirth, MD, FACS