Do I Need a Lift w/ Implants If I Only Have Minor Sag to my Breast?

im 20. i have had 2 kids and have some sag to my breasts (cup size small B) but its not bad, just minor. (or thats what it looks like to me) if i get larger breast implants, will that fix the sag i have? or will i need a full lift? i really dont think i would need a full lift, just bigger sized saline implants. so yea, if the sag isnt bad bad will the bigger implants work fine?

Bi- planar breast augmentation can often compensate for minor degrees of breast ptosis

+2
Thank you for your question.  As others have stated it is necessary to examine you in person to give you an accurate answer to your question.

Generally speaking if your nipple is above the inframammary fold, the fold beneath your breast, then this sagging is called glandular ptosis and a biplanar breast augmentation may suffice without the need for a lift.

Please consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in breast lift surgery and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/breast-lift/sagging-breasts-how-to-lift-and-firm-your-breast-after-pregnancy/

Lift or Implants for "Minor Sag"

+2

While increasing the volume of your breasts can help to fill your breasts, implants do not lift the breast.

If you have had some deflation of the breast, but the nipples are above the height of the breast crease and the bottom of the breast has not dropped  significantly, filling out the breast skin with more volume (breast implants) can work beautifully.

If the nipple or bottom of the breast are too low on the chest, a lift may be a better alternative.

Your plastic surgeon can make this determination for you at consultation.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Lift or no lift?

+2

It would completely depend on how much excess skin you have and wear that skin is in relation to the crease beneath your breasts.   If it is above, you may not need a lift.  If most of your breast is below the crease, you will probably need to consider a lift.  Another way to try and figure this out is to look at yourself in a mirror.  Do you see any breast skin beneath your areola? or is the areola at the bottom of the breast when you look at the reflection.

Treating a little breast sag.

+1
Hard to tell without photos. If the desire is for upper pole fullness, the usual way to do that is with an implant. The implant does not necessarily have to be large. If you need or want volume, then a larger implant will help.  Nipple/areola positioning is a different matter and may necessitate more work, (i.e.; a lift).  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon. Discuss your goals. Together you will come up with a plan.

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/procedures/mastopexy-breast-lift

Breast Lifting Needed?

+1

Physical examination will be necessary to give you good advice. What you describe as “minor sag"  may or may not require some breast lifting to improve. Upon examination, experienced plastic surgeons can tell you definitively whether you will be okay without breast lifting. This examination focuses on the position of the nipple/areolas in relation to the inframammary folds  and the degree of loose skin ( and skin elasticity issues)  along the lower poles  of the breasts.

In regards to breast size, it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.

Avoid the temptation to go with larger implants than you will be comfortable with to avoid the need for breast lifting.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Lift or augment

+1
Without photographs, we are all speaking in a vacuum but assuming that your breasts have just a little ptosis, or sagging, then an implant may elevate the breasts sufficiently so that a lift would not be necessary. An important factor is whether your skin is lax; if so, it may require resection. Definitely see a plastic surgeon who performs both procedures regularly for an examination and discussion of your options.

Determining whether you need a breast lift

+1

One simple test that many plastic surgeons use is the "q-tip test": if you place a q-tip beneath the crease in your breast and it stays there, the sag that you have is at least moderately significant (i.e. it may require at least some lifting of the breasts). If you place the q-tip and it falls to the floor then you have passed the test and will most likely get a nice result with the augmentation. Your best bet is to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who can look at your particular anatomy and make recommendations tailored to your body type.

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Minor sagging and breast implants: can you avoid a lift?

+1

For minor degrees of ptosis (sagging)  up to 1cm, breast implants can work well. You may want to avoid larger implants as this can aggravate the amount of ptosis over time.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-lift/

Re: Do I need a breast lift with only minor sagging?

+1

If you have minimal sag then you probably will not need a lift. The easy way to determine this is to look in the mirror and if you can see skin below the bottom of the nipple areola complex and on the lateral view the nipple areola sits above the crease, then a dual plane augmentation will probably fill the small amount of ptosis. The dual plane approach does create minor rotation of the nipple areola upward which can be of benefit. If that is not the case then you in fact may need a lif.

Web reference: http://www.delucaplasticsurgery.com/breast-lift-albany-ny/

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants or lift or both

+1

If the breasts have minimal sag and are just deflated than an implant may be all you need.  If they are sagging significantly, then a lift will be required.