350cc Silicone - Approximately How Big Will my Breasts Get?

I'm 39 y/o 5'6 and weigh 180lbs. My rib cage is 38 in. Consulting with getting a breast lift and implants done. I currently wear a 38C in victoria secrets. I have mild to moderate ptosis with lateral fullness. My sternal notch to nipple distance is 25 on the right and 25.5 on the left. The aerola to fold is 5.5 bilaterally. The intermammary distance is 1.6, base width 15.4 on the right and 15.8 on the left. My ? is using 350cc silicone implant smooth round moderate what size may I end up?

Breast implant size/cup size?

+2

The more breast surgery I do the more I realize that there is no correlation between the size or model (profile) of implant used and resulting cup size.  This may have to do with several factors including: the amount of breast volume the patient starts with, the shape of the patient's chest wall (concave or convex), the type and model of breast implant selected (saline/silicone  and low/moderate/high profile), bra  manufacturer variance  in cup sizes, the  degree  of filling of the cup  with breast tissue,  and the subjective differences in patients perceptions of cup size. 
Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation surgery  depends on several factors:

1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.

2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.

3. The type of implant used may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.
Other differences involve how the breast implants are filled. Saline implants are filled after they’re implanted, so saline implants require a smaller incision than prefilled silicone breast implants.
On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.

4. The size and model of breast implant used may  make a  significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

I think you've got your no answer

+2

Anon,

Although everything that has been posted in answer to your question is correct, it is likely that you will have a full D cup breast after lift and augmentation with 350cc implants.  If that sounds too large for you, then you should choose a smaller implant or have some tissue removed during the lift procedure.  Discuss it with your plastic surgeon and let him/her know your goals.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Cup Size and Breast Augmentation

+2

Cup sizes after breast augmentation is tricky to predict.  If you are a C cup and adding 350 cc you will be a large D or DD if I had to guess.  I really try to get my patients to focus less on the "CUP SIZE" and to focus on our goal to produce full, nicely shaped breasts that fit the patient's body frame.  

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

How much bigger would a 350cc Breast Implant Make me?

+2
It is obvious that you and your surgeon worked very hard to pick the best implant for YOUR chest and breast tissue. But- I am also sure that a colleague of mine who is that meticulous and dedicated to detail also must have told you that there is NO direct and predictable correlation between an implant volume and bra cup sizes. Bra cup sizes VARY ENORMOUSLY between different manufacturers (A C cup in one is never a Ccup in another and they do not all feel "right" because they are NOT the same). As a result, it is ethically impossible to predict bra cup size based on implant volume. I THINK you will go up just over a cup size in your particular bra line. I would encourage you to stay with your surgeon. It is much more important to have an implant picked which fits your chest than trying to fill a desired scientifically inaccurate bra cup. Good Luck. Dr. Peter Aldea

How big will 350cc make you?

+1
If you are truly a 34C now, I believe 350cc implants will likely make you a DD-cup.  If you have a lot of loose skin now, you possibly would be a D-cup.

David Stoker, MD

350cc silicone - approximately how big will my breasts get?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance. Given your desires, a breast augmentation, with an implant or fat grafting, would be an ideal procedure that would meet your expectations. Breast augmentation is now the most popular procedure performed in plastic surgery today. One tolerated very well by women with minimal downtime and high patient satisfaction.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, etc). Your height, weight, breast width, and body habitus will make a difference for which implant style/projection to choose. Implant profile will also make a difference on the projection, which will influence overall breast/cup size. I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you of results. Sizers are helpful during an in-office consultation. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width. This is the most important determinant for the sizing of implants, which will provide the optimal result and most aesthetically-pleasing result for you.

Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon well-versed in breast procedures who will examine and discuss with you the various options and factors to consider and help you decide which one will be the right one for you. Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Determining Breast Size can be Difficult when Breast Lift is Combined with Breast Augmentation

+1

It’s virtually impossible to answer this question without a consultation and physical examination for a variety of reasons. When choosing breast implants for breast augmentation, we’re not interested in implant size, but instead we’re interested in the appropriate implant fit. Our goal is to achieve harmony, balance and proportion with the surrounding anatomic structures. Typically, patients want a natural look with some fullness in the upper breast area.

The determination of breast size can be difficult when breast lift is combined with breast augmentation for a variety of reasons. In many cases it’s difficult to predict the impact of a breast lift on breast size in the presence of an implant.

The patient’s initial breast size is also important and lifting the breast by itself will often make the breast look larger.

Terminology is also important, not everyone’s idea of cup size is the same and this potentially can lead to confusion as well.

In an effort to minimize confusion about breast implant size, we utilize external implant sizers. This system helps the surgeon understand the patient’s aesthetic goals. It also alleviates the anxiety that many patients experience regarding breast implant size. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Breast Bra cup size following lift with 350cc implants

+1

There is no formula that will tell you exactly what size you will be but in my opinion you will be approximately a D or DD.

Predicting Breast Size

+1

Without photos or an examination, it is hard to say what would be right for you. Everyone's body anatomy is different and a 125 cc implant in you will look very different in someone else. For this reason, it's best to consult with several surgeons and make a decision that both you and your surgeon are comfortable with.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

How big will 350cc implants make my breasts

+1

Hi there-

Your question is amazingly common on RealSelf, but if you consider things for a few minutes, you yourself would realize how impossible it would be for any of us to give you an honest and responsible answer.

Even with your detailed measurements, there is no way (without examining you) to understand the quantity and quality of the skin envelope, the consistency of your breast tissue, your goals for shape and proportion, or the response of your tissues to the stretching force of the implant.

Second guessing your surgeon by posting questions best answered only by them could only compromise your outcome and relationship with them.

The best advice I could give you would be to find a surgeon you like and can trust and then trust them to do their professional best... If you don't like and trust your surgeon, you need to spend more time with them deciding what to do. If you still aren't feeling comfortable in the relationship, don't let them operate on you.

If you need help understanding how to go about choosing a surgeon, read this:

Armando Soto, MD, FACS