350cc Silicone - Approximately How Big Will my Breasts Get?

I'm 39 y/o 5'6 and weigh 180lbs. My rib cage is 38 in. Consulting with getting a breast lift and implants done. I currently wear a 38C in victoria secrets. I have mild to moderate ptosis with lateral fullness. My sternal notch to nipple distance is 25 on the right and 25.5 on the left. The aerola to fold is 5.5 bilaterally. The intermammary distance is 1.6, base width 15.4 on the right and 15.8 on the left. My ? is using 350cc silicone implant smooth round moderate what size may I end up?

Breast implant size/cup size?

+2

The more breast surgery I do the more I realize that there is no correlation between the size or model (profile) of implant used and resulting cup size.  This may have to do with several factors including: the amount of breast volume the patient starts with, the shape of the patient's chest wall (concave or convex), the type and model of breast implant selected (saline/silicone  and low/moderate/high profile), bra  manufacturer variance  in cup sizes, the  degree  of filling of the cup  with breast tissue,  and the subjective differences in patients perceptions of cup size. 
Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation surgery  depends on several factors:

1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.

2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.

3. The type of implant used may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.
Other differences involve how the breast implants are filled. Saline implants are filled after they’re implanted, so saline implants require a smaller incision than prefilled silicone breast implants.
On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.

4. The size and model of breast implant used may  make a  significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/choosing-your-size.htm

Cup Size and Breast Augmentation

+2

Cup sizes after breast augmentation is tricky to predict.  If you are a C cup and adding 350 cc you will be a large D or DD if I had to guess.  I really try to get my patients to focus less on the "CUP SIZE" and to focus on our goal to produce full, nicely shaped breasts that fit the patient's body frame.  

Dr. ES

How much bigger would a 350cc Breast Implant Make me?

+2
It is obvious that you and your surgeon worked very hard to pick the best implant for YOUR chest and breast tissue. But- I am also sure that a colleague of mine who is that meticulous and dedicated to detail also must have told you that there is NO direct and predictable correlation between an implant volume and bra cup sizes. Bra cup sizes VARY ENORMOUSLY between different manufacturers (A C cup in one is never a Ccup in another and they do not all feel "right" because they are NOT the same). As a result, it is ethically impossible to predict bra cup size based on implant volume. I THINK you will go up just over a cup size in your particular bra line. I would encourage you to stay with your surgeon. It is much more important to have an implant picked which fits your chest than trying to fill a desired scientifically inaccurate bra cup. Good Luck. Dr. Peter Aldea

350 cc breast implants should increase you to cup sizes from your current cup size.

+1
Thank you for your question.  As others surgeons have stated is impossible to accurately predict cup size because retailers call the same cup size a different size depending on the needs and desires of their customers.

However generally speaking a cup size is usually considered 150 cc thus 350 cc implants will likely make you to cup size is a greater than you currently are.

Web reference: http://www.realself.com/question/nipple-sensation1#1251873

Breast Bra cup size following lift with 350cc implants

+1

There is no formula that will tell you exactly what size you will be but in my opinion you will be approximately a D or DD.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-lift/

Predicting Breast Size

+1

Without photos or an examination, it is hard to say what would be right for you. Everyone's body anatomy is different and a 125 cc implant in you will look very different in someone else. For this reason, it's best to consult with several surgeons and make a decision that both you and your surgeon are comfortable with.

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

I think you've got your no answer

+1

Anon,

Although everything that has been posted in answer to your question is correct, it is likely that you will have a full D cup breast after lift and augmentation with 350cc implants.  If that sounds too large for you, then you should choose a smaller implant or have some tissue removed during the lift procedure.  Discuss it with your plastic surgeon and let him/her know your goals.  Good luck!

Web reference: http://francisnyplasticsurgery.com/breast_aug.asp

How big will 350cc implants make my breasts

+1

Hi there-

Your question is amazingly common on RealSelf, but if you consider things for a few minutes, you yourself would realize how impossible it would be for any of us to give you an honest and responsible answer.

Even with your detailed measurements, there is no way (without examining you) to understand the quantity and quality of the skin envelope, the consistency of your breast tissue, your goals for shape and proportion, or the response of your tissues to the stretching force of the implant.

Second guessing your surgeon by posting questions best answered only by them could only compromise your outcome and relationship with them.

The best advice I could give you would be to find a surgeon you like and can trust and then trust them to do their professional best... If you don't like and trust your surgeon, you need to spend more time with them deciding what to do. If you still aren't feeling comfortable in the relationship, don't let them operate on you.

If you need help understanding how to go about choosing a surgeon, read this:

Web reference: http://orlandoplasticsurgery.blogspot.com/2009/11/choosing-plastic-surgeon-part-2.html#723

350 cc silicone gel-filled breast implants

+1

It is not possible to judge the size of the breast based on the cc's nor is it feasible or reasonable in my opinion to try to evaluate it by putting the implant in a bra externally. There is also no simple way to measure the size of the breast before or after the implant is placed. Bra cup sizes are not a reasonable measure. 

The best way to fit the implant and judge the size increase is to make sure the implant (saline-filled or gel-filled) is the width of the breast upright with arms down and subtracting the skin/fat width. If the implant in that width is a medium profile (called medium in saline-filled but not called that in gels but is the middle of the three profile choices) then the breast should look about a cup and a half larger than it started out unless the breast is unusually wide or narrow. The cc's of the implant are determined by looking up the width and the profile. 

Based on the measurements given which need to be verified, the breast sounds fairly wide and the 350 cc gel would be the equivalent of a low profile and would only increase the breast side by about a cup size but it may not be the correct dimension. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Implant size and final result

+1

This is a common question ,but unfortunately it will vary from patient to patient. It is always best to have an exam first.  I would guesss that it would probably bump you up  a cup or two.