Ask a doctor

What Can I Do to Minimize the Look of This Scar? (photo)

This is a scar from over two years ago where i fell nd bust my head on the concrete what can i use to make it look less noticrable

Doctor Answers 2

Hyperpigmentation correction with Melarase cream

Looks as though you have hyperpigmented scars. I would begin with topical Melarase cream used twice daily to improve the pigmentation. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 63 reviews

Bleaching agents

you can try a hydroquine cream 4% to start with sunscreen to fade the lesion.  Sunscreen on the lesion is very important.

Christofer Buatti, DO
Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.