Mini or Full Tummy Tuck After Twins

I have had two previous pregnancy's the first as a teen with twins and a single birth 7 months ago. I want to get a tummy tuck done but I really want the scaring to be minimum. Which procedure would work best for me and is a mini tummy tuck a option?

When to get a mini tummy tuck or a full tummy tuck

+1

A tummy tuck is a safe and effective procedure that can create a more contoured abdomen, a tight waist and a beautiful figure.

In our Miami practice, we feel that as all patients are unique, so is every tummy tuck.
Some of our patients receive a mini tummy tuck, some receive a full tummy tuck, while others receive a combination of both procedures. During the initial consultation, we spent a great deal of time talking to the patients to understand what their concerns are, to learn their aesthetic goals, so that in this way we can create a surgical plan that will help the patient meet their aesthetic ideal. If a woman has extra skin and extra fat but the muscles are in good condition, we may be able to perform a mini tummy tuck. If the woman also needs a muscle repair, a full or a regular tummy tuck may be necessary.
Your best bet is to work with a board-certified plastic surgeon that has a great deal of experience in tummy tucks, liposuction, body contouring surgery. Such a specialist will be able to understand your goals and combined this with a thorough physical evaluation to present and operative plan that will help you meet your aesthetic ideal.

Mini vs full Tummy tuck

+1

It is impossible to give you a recommendation without a physicial exam.  However, if you've had multiple pregnancies including twins, I would guess that you will need a full tummy tuck.

After multiple pregnancies including twins, I would most likely recommend a full abdominplasty +/- liposuction of the waist. A tummy tuck (also called abdominoplasty) is a very popular cosmetic surgery procedure. A tummy tuck can be an effective tool for shaping and sculpting the body for better body appearance and improved self esteem.

Sometimes no amount of diet and exercise can create a flat tummy. Tummy tuck plastic surgery actually tightens abdominal muscles and removes excess fat and skin from the stomach area to create a tighter, slimmer, smoother belly. A tummy tuck can be combined with other procedures such as liposuction of your waists or flanks (i.e. love handles) to fine tune your result

Patients choose abdominoplasty cosmetic surgery for a number of reasons, including:

Excess abdominal skin following weight loss; Weight gain (beer belly or spare tire) from a sedentary lifestyle; Abdominal fat that is resistant to diet and exercise; Stretched stomach muscles from pregnancy; Desire for a thinner profile; Desire to look younger and fitter; Desire to fit into clothes better

I recommend you visit with an ASPS member plastic surgeon to further explore your options and to find out if you are a candidate for this procedure

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Mini vs. full tummy tuck

+1

There are pros and cons to each procedure.  The mini tummy tuck has the advantage of avoiding a scar around your belly button and usually a shorter scar in the bikini line.  BUT, with the mini tuck, the upper abdomen cannot be tightened.  The full tuck has more scar but provides a correction for your entire abdomen.  If only the lower skin is loose and there isn't much problem in your upper abdomen, then a mini tuck can indeed be a better choice.

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Mini versus full tummy tuck after twins pregnancy

+1

A mini tummy tuck does not mean a short incision. After twins it is most likely you will need a full. See the description of the procedures in the video in the linked page below that describes the differences.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/tummy-tuck/

How to decide between mini and a full tummy tuck

+1

The simple answer is that you need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine which technique is right for you.  For most women, a full tummy tuck is a better option.  Although there may be longer scars, you are able to address loose skin of the upper and lower abdomen and the belly button tends to stay in a more normal anatomic location than with a mini tummy tuck which may lower it.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck options

+1

This impossible to answer without an examination. There are many variations of the tummy tuck and your surgeon should go over all the options for you. A mini-tuck general refers to removing the skin and fat from the lower part of your abdomen, above your pubic area, and does not move the belly button.The scar is variable and determined by how much skin is removed: the more skin, the longer the incision. We tried to keep it within the panty or bikini line.

Tummy tuck or mini?

+1

Without an exam it is impossible to tell.  In the majority of cases, I would recommned a full tummy tuck for the best contour results, but the trade off is a longer incision.

You want a tight skin above your belly button,you need a full tuck!

+1

cosmetic surgery is always a trade off!

the belly  button is like a nail in a  saggy  drape ,if you  dont change it ,you wont be able to tighten the drape.

if only the  lower skin is loose ,a mini tuck  can indeed be the answer.

Mini vs. standard tummy tuck

+1

After two children, your abdominal muscles and the laxity of the skin is probably there. The mini will have 50 to 80% of the same scar length. It does not fix your muscles above the belly buttton. The skin above the belly button will also be loose after a mini. With a full, the muscles and all laxity is corrected. The belly button could look very nice if you get an inverted "C" incicion on it. Also, you could have a pain pump in the muscle suture area to decrease the muscle pain and spasms. Lastly, the use of Harmonic scarpel will decrease the recovery period, drainage and pain.

Mini or Full Tummy tuck

+1

It is impossible to answer your question as noted without photos and a full evaluation.  In general, a mini tummy tuck usually involves skin removal below the belly button and usually does not involve muscle tightening. It usually will result in improvement in shape only below the belly button. 

A full tummy tuck, involves skin/fat removal and usually muscle tightening as well and will help the abdominal contour above the belly button as well.     

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.