How Will Mini or Full Tummy Tuck Affect my Tattoo?

Should I get a mini or Full Tummy Tuck and what will it do to my tattoos. I'm 18 and just had a little boy. I gained 55lbs during my pregnancy and have lost all but 10lbs and now have a flab of skin that I can't get rid of.

I just want to look like I use to and am not sure if I could get by with a mini or need a full to fix my sagging belly button. I also have a very large tattoo on my stomach and would like to know if it would completely removed by it or how much of it will be left if not.

Full Tummy tuck and Tattoo

+4

If you are done having children, a Full Tummy Tuck will give you the BEST result ; a tighter body than you had before your pregnancy(ies), it will flatten your tummy, bring the separated six pack muscles together, narrow your waist, remove the loose skin between the belly button and the Mons pubis (including that part of the ink off) and lift a potentially droopy mons pubis up.

As regards your Tattoo - While the art will go, the Mis-spelled (Vivre pour le Moment) will remain but move closer to your panty line.

que sera sera...

Dr. P. Aldea

+2

I agree that you should wait until you are done having kids to have a tummy tuck. From what I can see I think you would need a full tummy tuck. Your tattoo will be affected by the tummy tuck and the whole tattoo would not be removed but a good amount of it would be taken out.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

At 18, you should wait for a tummy tuck

+2

Tummy tucks (full or minis) should only be done when you are completely done having children.  At that time, you will need a full tummy tuck and most, but not all, of your tattoo will be removed and you will need to re-do what's left. 

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com

Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) and tattoo

+2

I'm sure you are aware of the phrase on your abdomen which translated means live for the moment or in other words Carpe Diem. As an 18 year old, you have many decisions to make now that you are a parent. One is the choice of having more children in the near future. If the answer is yes, you may want to put off any treatment at this point because it will be undone. No-one can take you back to the way you looked prior to pregnancy. However, your options for treating the loose skin are most likely a full tummy tuck. The amount of skin removal is difficult to predict but based on my experience, your entire ?butterfly? will be removed and your Bon Vivant phrase will be transferred to your lower belly just above your belt line.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/tummy.html

Full tummy tuck

+2

it looks like you need a full tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) to get the best result. A majority of your tattoo will be excised (removed) with the surgery. The works will still be in place, but most of the image will be gone. Also, the words will be stretched down toward your waist and your belly button will end up above the words. If you want to come to NYC for your surgery, I think it would be an interesting case and, assuming you are a good surgical candidate, you should get excellent results.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Full Tummy tuck

+1

If you want to have your body similar to how you were before your son you would need a full tummy tuck to be able to improve the loose skin and to bring your muscle back together, now about your tattoo by looking at your picture any ink above your belly button will come down to your pelvis area but because you don't have a lot of extra skin some part of the tattoo will be there. But base on your age you should wait a bit longer.Good luck with your decision.

Tummy tuck and tattoos

+1

A tummy tuck will remove much of the tattoo below the belly button but will not affect the words above your belly button.  What I would fear most is if a portion of a particular tattoo would be removed leaving a partial tattoo.  Best to determine in person.  Best of luck.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Mini vs Full Tummy Tuck

+1

I think you are an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck, but I would recommend waiting until you are done with your childbearing years.    Once you no longer desire children, I would recommend a full tummy tuck with muscle repair and liposuction of your flanks and hips.

In regards to the tattoo, I think the majority of your tattoo  (everything below the belly button) will be removed.    I usually tell patients with tattoos that i make my surgical marks as if the tattoo was not there.   I do not want to alter or sacrifice a result over attempting to excise a tattoo.    Tattoos can be safely removed by laser treatment in the postop period.

I wish you a safe and healthy recovery.

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Tummy tuck and tattoo

+1

Congratulations on your new edition.  I would recommend that you wait until you have had all of your children and you are as close to your ideal weight as possible.   A full tummy tuck will give you the best result by excising as much loose skin and fat as possible and tightening the abdominal muscles to help flatten your abdomen and narrow your waist.  A good majority of your tattoo will be removed but I doubt that your surgeon would be able to remove all of it.  The tattooed words will be moved down to your lower abdomen with some portion of the pistol handles still visible.  Good luck!

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Mini or Full Tummy Tuck Affect my Tattoo

+1

A full tummy tuck is my recommendation, it will take care of your tattoo completely. You can choose the option full tummy tuck. it will be good.

Web reference: http://www.drjsalomon.com/tummy_tuck.asp