Procedure for Mild Acne and Fine Lines?

I am a 23-year-old female. I have an oily skin with mild acne, but I'm not sure if my skin dries when I use some cosmetics or take some capsules. I use Vaseline for dry skin, but now I saw that it caused a few lines on either sides of my lips that show when I smile. How can I get rid of the acne and these lines? Why did these lines develop?

Retinoid and Alpha hydroxy acid

+1

Without seeing the fine lines it would be hard to discern their cause. Decent guesses might be sucking on straws, the way you talk, or cigarette smoking if you do that.

You sound like you would be an excellent candidate for a Retinoid treatment since this will help with your mild acne and decrease your wrinkling. A Retinoid such as Retin A, Differin or Tazarac (realizing the former two are Pregnancy Category C and the latter is a Pregnancy category X) should be used at night and I would recommend an alpha-hydroxy acid such as MD Forte, Aquaglycolic Lotion in the morning.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist