Microdermabrasion for Sun Damage on Arm?

My skin on my arm is suffering from un damage. One side is darker than the other, which makes me self-conscious about the tops I wear. Will Microdermabrasion work for me?

Microdermabrasion is not the best treatment for arm-sun-damage.

+1

The best thing you can do now is to consistently apply SPF 30 or greater. I'm sure the sun is strong in Louisianna, and the effectiveness of any intervention will be related to how well you can protect the area from UV rays.

After the summer, get evaluated for IPL treatments that are highly effective at lightening the brown pigmentation.

Best regards.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Not really. Using a good sunscreen and a prescription bleaching cream would be best.

+1

Microdermabrasion to your arm would likely not give the results your looking for. In my opinion, try practicing strict sunavoidance, use a strong sunscreen, and ask your dermatologist for a hydroquinone prescription. Your dermatologist will also be able to prescribe you a higher percentage bleaching cream that the customary 4% hydroquinone, and that will likely (over time) give you the result you need.

Good luck!

Don Mehrabi, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist